Author Topic: Need some encouragement to fluff/buff my CZ 75 Compact  (Read 771 times)

Offline Czechbikr

Need some encouragement to fluff/buff my CZ 75 Compact
« on: March 22, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love the heck out of that pistol and feel that it works well after some 1,500 rounds down the pipe.  It is all original and it gets carried in an Alien Gear IWB rig but not a lot as it's heavier than some of my other options.  When carried I like condition 2 with the hammer down and double action on the first shot....but I digress. 

My experience with detail stripping firearms is limited.  I did build a CVA Colt Navy replica decades ago, installed a S & A Magwell/Mainspring on my 1911 which entailed re-installing some components which dropped out in the process.  I also detail stripped my Maverick 88 to fluff and buff and my Winchester Model 1906 to give it a deep cleaning and glue up a crack in the stock by the tang.

The question is...how much trouble can I get myself into should I take down the CZ 75 Compact?  What issues can I expect and what benefits will accrue?  Thanks in advance!

Offline adrian

Re: Need some encouragement to fluff/buff my CZ 75 Compact
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 06:04:44 PM »
     Hiya Czechbikr and thanks for your thread. And I shall apologize early for digressions,and tangents. If you browse the old posts on your platform you will find many do it yourselfers and the great advice they share with each other. Altho I'm impressed with the technical knowlege they display,I'm more comfortable with just knowing how to do a proper field strip,clean and lube,and leave other issues,breakages,projects to Stu ,Rob,and Angus over at CZC as they are just down the street. But to entertain your question I'd like to offer some possibilities. Consider a toll free call to cz-usa and ask the service person to speak to a gunsmith,if that is a dead end, just their websites on line form to ask the question as you did here. I would think that any certified cz armorer had to begin with one course, and then the next etc.I imagine that not every person that wants to take such a course for the 75 is military or law, so they might could offer practical solution. One business called teaming network offers courses and looks like you would be looking at a one day course and 300-400 investment to pass a class on the 75. Perhaps another option is to see about shopping for a smith already certified and work out a deal. Even a possibility a forum member here has the equivalent of said certif. and might be interested in a pupil for a day or two.
At least now ya have an idea of a reasonable value for the lesson. It was several you tube vids that I picked and chose from to put together my own gun cleaning habit.And imagine maybe several of those are floating around for the work you are considering undertaking. And I hear that you are interested in learning,thats a proper starting point. I'm the guy that would forget to put on my goggles and be visiting urgent care, or looking in my shag carpeting for a pin or screw for a week,before giving up. Another concern I'd have is my safety, I'd worry an adj might still function,but my adj done incorrectly causing another issue,or worse. I'd wonder what role not being certified to work on said platform might affect my warrenty,and hate a scenario where I expected cz-usa to fix my FUBAR. Thats my best effort to entertain your question and hope it helped more than hurt. Be well.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 06:45:40 PM »
Have a clean neat and well lit work area. You'll be working with some small parts and springs. The CZ is complicated but not impossible.
The main thing is patience. There are some good vids out there to which you'll find helpful.

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 09:40:03 PM »
Take your time, before you know it someone could hand you all the parts in a ziplock and you can throw it together in 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything