Author Topic: Frame cracked now what ?  (Read 13541 times)

Offline 8675309

• BANNED
Frame cracked now what ?
« on: March 28, 2019, 11:13:02 PM »
I cant call CZ because I'm deaf.

Suggestions on how to proceed with this issue.

The pistol was bought new by me in 2007.

Probably about 1K rounds thru it.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
Re: Frame cracked now what ?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 11:29:56 PM »
I cant call CZ because I'm deaf.

Suggestions on how to proceed with this issue.

The pistol was bought new by me in 2007.

Probably about 1K rounds thru it.

Have someone else call them for you.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Czechbikr

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 11:40:34 PM »
Here's their contact info with fax numbers and a form to fill out with your issues with your gun.  Maybe ask on the form if they have TTY service or an email in customer service that you can correspond to.

https://cz-usa.com/company/contact/

Offline 8675309

• BANNED
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 12:12:48 AM »
Thanks for the info.

I dont know anyone who could call for me.

Offline adrian

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 08:23:26 AM »
      Hiya 8675309 and thanks for your thread. I am thinking czechbikr as the best route to go. And have used the websites email form but should work fine to exchange information. With factory warranty of five years on a over 10yr old gun they can atleast tell ya what realistic options are.
     And 1000rds ,most of us get to in a few months time,so for a virtual safe queen,its a unique breakage. Give us a little more backstory, model, pattern of use,and types ammo fed,factory? reloads?,plus p?. Was it loaned out to friend/family ever? discovered when you wanted to take it out for its annual 100rds?. Any custom mods done?
     Seeing that I've seen a mate accidentally drive over a pistol and not break a frame, and the crack being external,its a head scratcher indeed. It still does have value to do it yourselfers that can recycle the slide and remaining parts tho,and shops do sell lowers. Good luck. Be well.

holidaypf

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 10:30:02 AM »
Looks more like a scratch on the polycoat.

Offline Czechbikr

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 11:06:50 AM »

The test may be to examine the reverse side to see if the mark is on the reverse side. 

Offline Batt 57

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 04:55:24 AM »
Yeah, I don?t think that?s a crack either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline schmeky

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 08:19:13 AM »
That's definitely not a crack.  That's a scratch in the finish. 

Offline Scoose

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 01:26:18 PM »
Well it looks like a bit of ?character? was added to the weapon but it doesn?t appear to be a crack.
He who dies with the most wins!!

Offline adrian

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 01:59:06 PM »
     Hiya 8675309, well if David says its not a crack,I'd save the call to cz ,as its a refinishing issue. It seems like a lot of material to suddenly vanish if it was pristine the last time you took it out to inspect it. Let us know if you will leave it as one of life's mysteries, or hide a nest cam near by and find out which nephew knows how to compromise your gun safe and joy ride that bad boy.
     I hadnt considered the unique home security issues being deaf can present. Altho I experienced the same result when home intruders broke thru a crappy apt front door and was awakened to my bedside gun held at my head while getting hogtied.
    I've had some shiny guns repainted,so it dosent cost much to make it look brand new. Cheers. Be well.

Offline 8675309

• BANNED
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 06:10:43 PM »
That's definitely not a crack.  That's a scratch in the finish.

I thought it was a scratch also, the photo didnt come out well. Its definitely a hairline crack. It doesnt go thru deep maybe a hairs width.
Ive been out of town and dont have internet at home. I think I'll just keep shooting it as it functions perfectly. It eats lead bullet reloads exclusively. Thanks for all the input. I'll try and get a better photo.

Offline adrian

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 07:11:20 PM »
     Hiya again and sorry ta hear ya found the crack as well. And fortunately for you, your cell phone has the capability of letting you send a email on the issue to cz-usa. And I've heard of cases of spontaneous human combustion, but you might have a rarer case of it occurring while resting in your gun safe. In your email, ask the smith if its a bad idea to consider something like a K-d weld product ? Considering you only short 1000rds in ten yrs of range visits,its not a lot of wear and tear. Keep an eye out for a lower in our ads as well. Good luck mate.

Offline 8675309

• BANNED
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 11:33:30 PM »
Is there a CZ model that I can buy today that this upper will fit on ?
It wont fit me steel framed compact.

Offline adrian

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2019, 12:37:35 AM »
     Hiya 8675309 and thx for re chiming in. Well I'm happy to hear that you at least have the compact to shoot with until you decide what to do with your cracked frame.
     If you tell us what model of cz it is,we promise to tell ya what upper will fit it. Since we are in the cz 40b/p area,but don't wanna assume its a 40b i.e.. if its a cz 75b, a cz 75b upper should fit, but if its a cz sp-01 then my guess you will need a cz sp-01 upper. If its a shadow in either model and if yours is not, the lack of a FPB may require a little adjustment,doable. And do check the want ads here,just in case.  And drop that email to cz-usa asking them,if they can sell you one and let them know the yr make and model of yours. I'd suggest even uploading your original receipt from 2007, being a loyal customer that many years might earn a discount.
     Mentioned that the low round count of 1000,but were those especially hot reloads that made for it or run of the mill? Hang in there, might take a few weeks to get what you need delivered. And what ever you are using to access this forum,should work fine for sending cz -usa the email. Be well.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 01:11:38 AM by adrian »

anything