Author Topic: Joining the CZ-82 club today  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Marty8613

Joining the CZ-82 club today
« on: April 27, 2019, 04:54:44 PM »
Picked up this hard chromed CZ-82 with night sights today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Marty8613

Re: Joining the CZ-82 club today
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:55:48 PM »
A better view of the sights

Offline studenygreg

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 11:35:34 PM »
That's is very nice. I have a cz83 and 83 but in very worn condition. I hope to find nice ones one day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline adrian

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 01:06:50 AM »
     Hiya and thx for the thread. Not a bad looking 30 something there. Like the rear sight. Considered it for a second,but after investing in the competition hammer and short reset trigger,held off. For me turned out to be a perfect backup/get off me gun,so could not talk myself into it. How bout a day at the range report. Be well.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 03:07:42 AM »
Looks like a previous owner put some money into it with the refinishing and nice Marschal grips. Congrats and looking forward to a range report.

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »
Took some Monarch and Hornady Critical Defense to test it out this morning.  I have two OEM mags and one aftermarket mag.

One whole mag of Hornady and two of Monarch.  Here is the result at 7 yards.

Next I put on the heavy motorcycle gloves and did head shots a bit to get the feel.

Here are two mags Monarch at 15 yards gloved.  Aiming for the 8.  Looks like I?m tending left when gloved.

Notes -
Monarch is dirty and has a lot of unpleasant fumes.  No more Monarch at indoor ranges.

This gun is best used gloved.  It hurts the hand going 3 mags ungloved.  Good thing I bought it for use with heavy gloves being the point.

One fail to return to battery with the aftermarket mag when gloved using Monarch.  Slingshot and move along.

I?m very satisfied and have now designated this my new OC when riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dtomp

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2019, 11:33:29 AM »
Beautiful gun and good shooting. Wouldn't want to be on the fire side. Glad you liked, enjoy!

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 02:33:50 PM »
...Next I put on the heavy motorcycle gloves and did head shots a bit to get the feel.

...Here are two mags Monarch at 15 yards gloved.  Aiming for the 8.  Looks like I?m tending left when gloved.

...This gun is best used gloved.  It hurts the hand going 3 mags ungloved.  Good thing I bought it for use with heavy gloves being the point.

Since it hurts your hand, try getting the recoil spring calibration pack from Wolf. A weak spring could be what caused the FTF too. I've put several boxes of Monarch through mine and never had an FTF with a CZ mag. Remember, the CZs were designed to use ammunition exactly like Monarch.   

Offline Marty8613

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 10:01:10 AM »

Since it hurts your hand, try getting the recoil spring calibration pack from Wolf. A weak spring could be what caused the FTF too. I've put several boxes of Monarch through mine and never had an FTF with a CZ mag. Remember, the CZs were designed to use ammunition exactly like Monarch.

I'm not really worried about pain after 3 mags.   But, I do think since the spring is unknown that a #16 wolf spring may be in order.   Felt recoil is in the range of the Bersa Pro UC40 I had at one point.   I assume that is as much the blowback design as a possibly weak recoil spring.   I don't want to risk beating up the frame and slide though, so known strengths should help my confidence that it is proper operation.   The FTF was a range mag, it is unmarked, so likely not even the CZ mag.  I'll run my micrometer over it and compare to the OEMS.   I can generally adjust crappy after-markets this way.   

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 07:12:35 PM »
That thing is amazing looking! Congratulations.
16 CZs and counting