Author Topic: P-01 Omega rattling decockers  (Read 809 times)

Offline Insert

P-01 Omega rattling decockers
« on: May 06, 2019, 07:17:38 PM »
Hey, so far I love my P-01 Omega but just recently the decockers, when the gun has it's hammer forward and at half cocked, rattles ever so noticeably unless I hold them all the way down. Not sure when or why that started to happen (I'm like shy of 1,200 rounds in). Anyone have this experience and if so do you have a solution?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:14:39 AM by Insert »

Offline Insert

Re: P-01 Omega rattling decockers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 07:47:25 PM »
I think I found out what it is. I can't seem to identify the part number but it's right next to part #65 (hammer decocker lever spring pin) of the Omega CZ 75 manual. When you pull the decockers all the way back, it holds down that little rectangular part, thus stopping the rattle (?). It's not really that big of a deal since you only hear it rattle when the hammer is forward and half cocked if you are aggressively rattling the gun on purpose. Moving it around non sporadically doesn't seem to do anything and it's totally gone once the hammer is totally cocked. Still an interesting find. I don't remember this being a thing but I could have just not noticed. I actually found this out by mimicking recoil whilst shooting one handed, and seeing how the pistol would naturally shift to the left.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 01:14:15 AM by Insert »

Offline Insert

Re: P-01 Omega rattling decockers
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 07:23:42 PM »
Hate to make a third post on the subject but here's a picture of the part as well as a video of the problem.

Video:

Note the bronze piece directly left of the decocker spring pin, I believe it's part of the hammer. I think this is the culprit but I don't know.