Author Topic: My P01 very simple solution for trigger bite  (Read 3588 times)

Offline plumber4444

My P01 very simple solution for trigger bite
« on: May 09, 2019, 11:52:28 PM »
Like everyone else my one and only complaint is that recurved trigger! Ridiculous and I have no idea what they were thinking but maybe they have small fingers over there in the Czech Republic...

Always been one to try to think out of the box and if the trigger was easy to swap I would?ve done it a LONG time ago with the 85C trigger.  But research and rumor has substantiated the fact that it?s not the typical do it yourself job and I have no desire to spend all night trying to figure out how to put the gun back together with the DeCocker!

And even though I would love to send the gun off to CGW to get the pro package work done, I am NOT enthusiastic about a possible 2-3 month wait. I don?t like having my gun disappear that long for ANY reason!!!

So I took some black shrink wrap tubing for wires, cut off a little tiny piece, put the heat gun to it and the difference was night and day. After several hundred rounds my finger did not hurt or get a blister or any of the other horrible things.

Is it perfect? No. Is it a MAJOR improvement? Absolutely.  Simply amazing what a little tiny piece of rubber shrink wrap tubing will do to make the experience so much more enjoyable  :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 06:59:54 AM by plumber4444 »

Offline plumber4444

Offline Tok36

Re: My P01 very simple solution for trigger bite
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 12:05:13 AM »
A trigger finger bumper, nice. I use shrink tube for a number of things, helpful stuff.

Glad that you found a solution. Thank you for sharing it.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline plumber4444

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 12:24:01 AM »
Trigger Finger bumper! I like that terminology :)  I can see the TV news commercial now!!! ?As seen on TV, the ORIGINAL CZ P01 Trigger Finger Bumper. Order in the next 10 minutes and pay only $9.99 (plus $19.99 S&H) 

I wasn?t quite sure it was going to work myself until I brought it out to the range to verify. I was quite shocked. Ultimately I would like to find a very small piece of sponge rubber or something even softer with a very small diameter that could just be slid over the trigger but couldn?t come up with anything. Plus of course a major concern that whatever I put on there would slide off during shooting and I know the adhesive shrink wrap is not going to budge. I?m probably going to put another piece over that and possibly even do almost the entire trigger to see if it helps even more.

Offline aussie57

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 06:59:09 AM »
Well that's a heck of an idea. As long as it does not affect the pistols function it looks like a reasonable solution. BTW not a fan of the curved triggers either.

Offline Ohmslaw

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 07:24:23 AM »
That sounds like a good idea, but too late I just finished swapping out mine for a 85 old model trigger.
It is tough especially when sear cage comes apart, CGW slave pin didn?t capture it all. Guess good learning experience plus polishing up innards might be helpful will see haven?t shot it yet will this weekend. You are right it can be a pain. Shrink sleeving be a lot easier for sure.
Thanks
Ohmslaw

Offline viking499

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2019, 07:53:22 AM »
That sounds like a good idea, but too late I just finished swapping out mine for a 85 old model trigger.
It is tough especially when sear cage comes apart, CGW slave pin didn?t capture it all. Guess good learning experience plus polishing up innards might be helpful will see haven?t shot it yet will this weekend. You are right it can be a pain. Shrink sleeving be a lot easier for sure.
Thanks
Ohmslaw

The trigger can be changed with out taking the sear cage out or apart.  I have done many of them and have never touched anything but the trigger, 2 pins, trigger bar and spring/

Offline plumber4444

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »
Some say yes some say no Viking499. Make a video if you got it down to a system, I would watch it!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 03:01:42 AM by plumber4444 »

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 01:40:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing.  Note to self:  Pick up some shrink wrap tubing from Home Depot!

I have some laying around, but they are way to small. 

My friend used one to fix a broken tether to a gas tank cap.  Mercedes dealer will probably charge $20 for a 6" rubber tether :D

Offline plumber4444

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 03:00:59 AM »
Thanks for sharing.  Note to self:  Pick up some shrink wrap tubing from Home Depot!

I have some laying around, but they are way to small. 

My friend used one to fix a broken tether to a gas tank cap.  Mercedes dealer will probably charge $20 for a 6" rubber tether :D

Should have mentioned I used 3:1 adhesive.  I?m sure Home Depot carries it but I got it on Amazon like everything else in my life! LOL

Offline viking499

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 08:31:02 PM »
Some say yes some say no Viking499. Make a video if you got it down to a system, I would watch it!

Not any good at making videos.  But as I said, the trigger can be swapped without taking the cage apart.

Offline plumber4444

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 09:08:49 PM »

Not any good at making videos.  But as I said, the trigger can be swapped without taking the cage apart.

I don?t think the issue is whether or not it can, the issue is the skill level of the people involved. Some people do basic gun cleaning and leave it at that. Then there is the next level which is probably guys like me that do upgrades and don?t mind getting a little bit more in depth. I?ve changed a dozen triggers on many of my AR15?s.

And then there are the DIY gunsmiths that are not afraid to rip the entire thing apart and I am not quite so bold...on the flipside I do not consider swapping a trigger as anything other than a basic upgrade:

However, I have read an abundance of articles with people complaining what a PIA it was and how some had to wind up taking it to a gunsmith, or stayed up all night and spent many hours working on it. Then I read stuff like yours, that say it was not a big deal after all, simple job!

From my perspective I just am not sure anymore and it?s just not worth the risk to me.

Offline viking499

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 09:52:42 PM »
Fair enough, each to there own.

If I remember without looking at it........

1.  Drive out trigger pin
2.  Take trigger spring loose (or do that before #1.  Would have to be looking at it to remember)
3.  Push trigger and trigger bar up into frame.
4.  Push top trigger small pin over and take a pair of needle nose to remove pin the rest of the way.
5.  Old trigger out, new trigger in.
6.  Needle nose and small pin back in.
7.  Install CGW trigger pin (well worth the price)
8.  Make sure trigger sprimg is in its correct location.

That's basically all there is to it.  As I said, there might be a few things in the wrong order........my recliner is not very conducive to deep thinking and remembering this time of the evening. ;)

Offline plumber4444

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 05:07:31 AM »
Fair enough, each to there own.

If I remember without looking at it........

1.  Drive out trigger pin
2.  Take trigger spring loose (or do that before #1.  Would have to be looking at it to remember)
3.  Push trigger and trigger bar up into frame.
4.  Push top trigger small pin over and take a pair of needle nose to remove pin the rest of the way.
5.  Old trigger out, new trigger in.
6.  Needle nose and small pin back in.
7.  Install CGW trigger pin (well worth the price)
8.  Make sure trigger sprimg is in its correct location.

That's basically all there is to it.  As I said, there might be a few things in the wrong order........my recliner is not very conducive to deep thinking and remembering this time of the evening. ;)

You did it on a decocker and not a safety model correct?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 06:00:32 AM »
That shrink wrap/tube on the trigger is a good idea.  Quick, easy and easily removeable if you decide to go back to stock.  Or easy to replace if it gets damaged.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?