Author Topic: Possible problem with New Rami B  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Kevo35

Possible problem with New Rami B
« on: May 14, 2019, 10:19:50 AM »
Hey everyone. New 9mm CZ Rami owner here. I just bought it and took it to the range for the first time yesterday.  I only had time to put 100 rounds through it.  I used 50 rounds of 115 grain Remington UMC, and 50 rounds 115 grain Fiocchi. Out of the 100 rounds about 15 to 20 of them malfunctioned. It failed to go back into battery. I was not limp wristing. At first I thought it was a magazine issue. However, I had the same issue with both mags. Then I tried only loading the mags to 9 rounds. Still same issue. I took it back to the local gun shop I purchased it from. They experienced the same issue. They told me that it possibly just has really tight tolerances and needs to be shot more and broken in. I know "break in" is a highly debated topic. However, has anyone else experienced this. Did it work itself out with more rounds down range? Or is it something I should send into CZ to get looked at? Thanks everyone!

Offline Ruber

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 11:37:11 AM »
Before I take a new CZ to the range, I do an extremely thorough and aggressive cleaning, heavily lube with a clear oil (not a clp or specialized oil, I?ll even use mineral oil from the grocery store).  I?ll cycle with snap caps a lot, clean, and repeat.  Make sure you include the magazines in this process as they are often a culprit.

CZs often come with lots of preservative on them (I picked up a ?19 dated RAMI that was pretty tough to get clean). The oil will come away gritty and dark as it ?breaks in? and works out the preservative and grime.  When the oil comes away clean, I?ll dry it and put on the appropriate lube of choice, then shoot a lot.

That usually clears any stoppages.  If not, some fitting may need to be done.  You can either go with CZ-USA?s customer service which is great or go with someone like Cajun Gun Works if you want any custom add ons.  Or you can try to troubleshoot some here.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 02:45:25 PM by Ruber »

Offline Old-Duckman

Re: Possible problem with New Rami B
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 12:19:27 PM »
IMO, "it just ain't right !". I'd call CZ and send it in for repair. You paid good money for that handgun and you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it to function properly.

Offline cousinmark

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 12:20:51 PM »
    My suggestion would be to let the folks in KS sort it out. Part of the price you paid for your pistol was for factory support. I would let them deal with it on "principal". You paid for a factory new, fully functional pistol, don't settle for less. I'd send it in and if it comes back and is less than 100% I'd send it right back to them :-) Again. on "principal"".
    Chances are things will improve with some range time but 20 failures out of 100 rounds sounds like something is hair out of spec? JMO...

Offline Kevo35

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 01:16:05 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I was actually leaning towards sending it in. I could possibly understand 1 or 2 failures, but the amount I had was unacceptable. I did a cleaning before the first time I took it to the range. I'm going to go to the range one more time before I send it out. I'm going to give it benefit of the doubt that it was due to not cleaning good enough. However, I did clean the heck out of it this time. So with the cleaning I just did if is still malfunctioning then I know it's not me. Has anyone delt with CZ warranty before. With the money I spent I'm worried I got a lemon. Seems like they will make things right though.

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 01:31:02 PM »
I just got a new Rami also, it ran like a top. I'd at least call CZ to see what they say before wasting more ammo. Good luck.
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline theoldmusicman

• SGT US Army Infantry Vietnam 67-69
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 01:52:17 PM »
I've put around 400 rounds of 147gr through my new rami and have not had any issues except one ftf which I think was me limp wristing it. 

Offline adrian

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 02:32:47 PM »
     Hiya Kevo35 and thx for the thread. Had you spoken to cz-usa before the place you bought it they would have sent the free shipping labels to have a look,and sometimes they decide the guns a lemon and will replace it. Personally I wanted on to round out my collection,and was not surprised with the various flavors of stoppage that mine manifested. If the best advice your local store has for frequent stoppages is to shoot it more,I'll look elsewhere for any future purchases. Be well.

Offline Kevo35

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 02:50:27 PM »
I just reached out to CZ and they said they would be more then happy to take a look at it. They did say that 20 rounds was an awful lot so they may have to make some sort of adjustment. They did assure me that they would make it right and get it taken care of. Whatever needs to be done. They will repair or replace if need be. So I'm most likely going to send it in and let them make it right. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 07:40:03 PM »
Any new pistol I get (especially CZs since they invariably come from the factory choked in cosmoline) I disassemble, remove all the plastic, wood and rubber parts and dunk all the metal parts in a bucket of Hoppes #9 and let it sit overnight to dissolve all the imbedded gunk. Of course, any tritium sights are left above the surface of the solvent.

Offline Kevo35

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 09:16:28 AM »
So I would like to pick everyone's brain a little more. I took the gun down this morning. I'm far from an expert. However, after taking a look at things it seems what is happening is the cartridge of the round is catching on the slide stop when returning into battery resulting in the malfunction. There is brass marring on the inside of the slide stop. I feel as though replacing the slide stop would solve the issue. Thoughts?

Offline Ruber

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »
If you could, take a look at a Sticky in the SP01 section about resolving common break in issues.  Many of the same issues pop up in all CZ?s to varying extents.  At the bottom of the first post, there is a discussion on the slide stop interference.

I have seen all of the issues mentioned in that post at least once, and I have had CZ?s that were flawless.. And of course, its more difficult to play with springs in the RAMI. But reading through the whole post will give you some ideas on what to look for.

BUT, CZ?s service is great.  They have tons of experience, know what to look for, and will get you going in short order!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:42:46 AM by Ruber »

Offline mdshotgunner

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2019, 01:08:48 PM »
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I?d be sending it back even though I hate shipping guns. Let us know what happens.

Offline Kevo35

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 03:36:34 PM »
Thanks again to everyone. I will take a look at that thread. Mdshotgunner, I'm right there with you. I hate the fact that after wanting this gun for years (wasn't on the stupid MD roster) I have to send it out. I have had it for 2 days and it's going to be at the factory for longer then I owned it.  I don't want to mess with guessing what the problem is. I'm waiting on the email with the shipping label. It's going back to manufacturer. Thanks for all the advice I will keep you all posted.

Offline Kevo35

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 03:42:20 PM »
Hey everyone!
      I just figured I would post a follow up.  Hoping if anyone else has this issue it may help.  Here is what CZ did to resolve the issue. A side note is that I requested Cz move the magazine release to the right side. This is Cz direct response.  "Work Performed: Swapped magazine catch to right side of frame, replaced one magazine and outer recoil spring. Adjusted slide stop and breech face lead in, polished extractor, adjusted and polished feed ramp. Test fired good both full magazines of Remington UMC 115 gr FMJ and four full magazines of S&B 115 gr FMJ." So I'm going to go to the range tomorrow to test function for myself. I sent off the Rami on the 22nd of May and received it yesterday. So pretty good turn around time. I've been reading about people having issues with the springs. Which was potentially part of my problem. I will most likely be upgrading to the DPM systems recoil reduction kit. This should help with a couple things. Plus keep my mind at ease, and not worry about reliability.  I'll post after range time tomorrow. Thanks again to all who cared enough to contribute in helping.

anything