Author Topic: Griffin Revolution 9/CZ Custom thread adapter installation  (Read 756 times)

Offline tx004472

Griffin Revolution 9/CZ Custom thread adapter installation
« on: June 07, 2019, 06:57:34 AM »
Picking up my scorpion next week, but I wanted to check here about something. One, does anyone have any experience using the Griffin Armament Revolution 9 on the scorpion? Waiting for that to get out of jail, hopefully any time now. My M&P which will be the normal host for it is threaded 13.5 LH, so I ordered one of the cz custom thread adapters so that I can use the same piston and just add the fixed barrel spacer. When I install the adapter is there anything special I need to do or just spin it down tight and maybe a bit of blue loctite? I definitely don't want to screw anything up. I feel, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that this would be easier than trying to swap out the base plate on the silencer itself. Thanks for any help.

Offline Bill_J

Re: Griffin Revolution 9/CZ Custom thread adapter installation
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 09:42:29 PM »
I do own a rev 9 and use it on multiple guns.  Great can.  Swapping in the barrel spacer (or going tri lug) is not a big deal.   Ive had to once in a while put the can in a soft jaw vise to open but that is rare.  It is something you can do at the range because the baffles are held in place by the cage the piston rides in.

Personally I would not bother to mount the adapter till it is out of jail. When you do mount it I am a fan of using rocksett over locktite.  Ive never had anything with rock unscrew on me.  But had constant problems with locktite over the years (on rifle caliber stuff that gets much hotter than pistol cal)

You should order this from cnc warrior $20.  It will let you check to make sure that thievery is lined up properly and will not give you baffle strikes etc.  You will only need to use it once per gun, but $20 is a cheap way to not have alignment issues.  https://www.cncwarrior.com/9mm-Barrel-guide-rod-p/28205.htm