Author Topic: Help a newbie out please CZ - P07  (Read 1947 times)

Offline WGraham

Help a newbie out please CZ - P07
« on: June 12, 2019, 11:53:16 PM »
I just recently bought my first gun, a CZ P07. I think its the Tactical version, suppressor ready version. Anyways I went to the range and shot a box or two of ammo just fine. I went back home and did a field strip, cleaned it and put everything back together. But now, when i got to chamber a round it gets stuck. It looks like the casing of the round is getting stuck on the very top of the barrel. Hopefully I didn't mess it up bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also when the gun is out of ammo and locked back the barrel tends to wiggle up and down. Is that normal?

https://imgur.com/vK3LO5H

Offline SSGN_Doc

Re: Help a newbie out please CZ - P07
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 12:58:21 AM »
A few things could be going on with regard to the round not chambering.

Riding the slide, gently into battery,  because you are home and being careful.  This can keep the slide from having enough force to get the round chambered.

Improper reassembly.  Recoil spring and guide rod not properly seated.  Cam pin/slide release/disassembly lever not positioned correctly into the barrel lug.

Obstruction, in the chamber or the extractor hook, preventing the round from sliding into the chamber or up the breach face.

Bad rim or recess in the cartridge case.

The barrel wiggling a little while the slide is back is normal.  Excessive movement could indicate your disassembly lever pin is not positioned correctly to hold the barrel.  But the slide would likely have a hard time going into battery even with no round being chambered.

Offline Cjusmc28

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 04:29:20 AM »
Let me start by saying congrats on your new gun and welcome to the CZ family. SSGN_Doc made some good suggestions for where to start. I would ask though, since you did say this is your first gun, whether after field striping and clean you applied any lubricant to the gun?

I recently bought a P07 tactical as well and while I haven't had any trouble with it, it was noticably tighter before the first couple of hundred rounds. Lack of lubricant combined with riding the slide would very easily give you that result.

Look forward to hearing more about your experience.

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 07:27:24 AM »
Here is a link for YouTube to field strip you're po7.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 07:58:32 AM »
Welcome to the CZ family and this most likely will not be your only CZ. It sounds like you are very new to guns, so here is another video on the P07 that may help:

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 08:29:57 AM »
Also use these videos from joemustang99.
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=63210.0
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »
Welcome Aboard !

Several suggestions...
? As was previously mentioned, "riding the slide" (that is, easing the slide closed) is NOT a good idea. What happens at full speed is NOT what happens at slow speed. So you may need to simply speed things up. Do what's called a "sling shot" where you pull the slide to the rear and release it all in one very quick motion.

? Not all production ammo is fit for use in your new CZ. Due to the chamber design of the CZ, about 10% of the ammo you can buy in the USA won't chamber in your gun. In Europe they have nothing but Round Nose ammo, so if you were trying this action with some fancy US-made self defense ammo, go back and try it again with plain old RN. We can give you more help on the AMMO & Handloading Forum.

Hope this helps.   ;)
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline seebee62

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 06:11:09 PM »
I just recently bought my first gun, a CZ P07. I think its the Tactical version, suppressor ready version. Anyways I went to the range and shot a box or two of ammo just fine. I went back home and did a field strip, cleaned it and put everything back together. But now, when i got to chamber a round it gets stuck. It looks like the casing of the round is getting stuck on the very top of the barrel. Hopefully I didn't mess it up bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Also when the gun is out of ammo and locked back the barrel tends to wiggle up and down. Is that normal?

https://imgur.com/vK3LO5H

I can duplicate your issue if I hold on to the slide and try to ease it into battery.

Pull back on n the slide and let it go when chambering a round.

Let the release  of compression of the spring do it?s thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline WGraham

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 03:20:29 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys. I put it back together and oiled it. I will test it outside of my house later today but after what everyone has said I do believe it was just me easing the slide and not letting it do it?s natural thing. I will keep you updated.

Offline radagast

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 04:43:56 PM »
    Being a junior member here myself, I often sit back and wait for more seasoned information before surfacing. When participating in any new activity, there's an awful lot of new stuff to digest !
    For folks familiar with firearms, it's natural to just let a slide slam home, but I saw how hesitant my Wife was at first, and decided to step back and let an experienced instructor get her started. I wound up learning a lot myself in discussions with her that followed.
    Even with all the information available online and a decent mechanical aptitude, it took some encouragement from forum members here for me to get beyond the point of field stripping my P07, and learning what is actually going on inside.

Welcome aboard !
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline photog22740

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 06:22:20 PM »
I don?t have anything to add.  Just wanted to comment on what a great forum, with so many folks genuinely jumping in to help.  So refreshing to see help offered, and not snarky responses meant to belittle the uninitiated.  Glad to be a part of this group!

Dave