Author Topic: Bought a cheap two pistol case - I'm happy with it  (Read 1066 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Bought a cheap two pistol case - I'm happy with it
« on: June 24, 2019, 01:20:45 PM »
I know a lot of people turn their noses up at cheap.  Not me.  If it works, it works.

I saw these the other day in one of those threads about "deals" offered by vendors in another gun forum.  I ordered five of them.  One for each of the sons/nephews and one for me.

They run anywhere from about $20 to $23 each depending on the color you order.  I noticed Amazon has them, too.

I ordered mine in OD Green.

Adjustable shoulder strap, two carry handles and a side zipper pouch.

View of the shoulder strap clips on the bag and the adjustment buckle for length of the shoulder strap.

Darn, hit post instead of going back to imgur for more pictures, sorry.

Shoulder strap removed and stored in the side pocket.

Five long pockets, for magazines, with velcro flaps on each side are on one side of the case.

I only used four of the pockets as that took care of 8 magazines with +2 bases on them.  Four from each side.  You can see the center/5th pocket as a small line of material in the center between two pockets on either side of it.  You can also see the two Olights in elastic straps at the bottom/back of the case.  The pistols are secured by velcro straps and with the lights on the frames only about 1/2" of velco is available when the straps are wrapped around the slide, frame and the bigger Olight.  Easy to take the QD Olights off and the two elastic straps make it easy to secure them in the case.

P09 .40 S&W and M&P 9MM.  Both full sized pistols.  I didn't bother to unload them for this picture but I wouldn't transport them loaded/cocked and locked.  No need to as the P07 would be IWB.  The velcro straps that secure the pistols can be place anywhere on the side of the case as thre is a big patch of loop material sewed to it.  I found the best way to "adjust" the placement of the velcro straps was to remove them from the case, wrap them around the pistol where I wanted them on the frame/slide and the grip and then set the pistol in place on the loop backing.  After that it's just pull the velcro strap tab to release the pistols and leave the strap in place.

I've got a couple other VISM cases for the AR15's and not had a single issue with any of them.  As they say, your mileage may vary.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:33:56 PM by M1A4ME »
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Rcher

Re: Bought a cheap two pistol case - I'm happy with it
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 04:26:46 PM »
Yes, VISM pistol cases are good. I have the same but tan color and happy with it.
If I bring one handgun there's  also enough space for ammo, if two - I take another small ammo bag :)

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 04:57:11 PM »
You are certainly not cheap sir, you are economical, and I am not very cheap, but "Practical".
So in that area, I beat you by a long margin.
For less than $10, at your local Wally World, those tackle boxes work exceptionally well.
I just added the name of the item being transported and a little comfortable padding at the bottom of the box for my precious handgun.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 05:03:44 PM by Practical Shooter »

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 05:57:12 PM »
You know, I don't think I'd have thought about a tackle box.  But I see you have room for holster, spare parts, etc. in those.  Labeling them is probably a good idea as I can see myself getting in the kayak, opening up the tackle box and finding a P09 instead of the fishing lures.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline radagast

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 06:24:13 PM »
bleep it !
   I thought it was only me !  Got up to go fishing, loaded up the truck, got to the lake, launched, and found I had a tackle box full of bicycle parts and tools !   
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline QuickDrawMcgraw

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 06:58:02 PM »
I love the VISM discreet cases

16 CZs and counting

Offline Practical Shooter

• Legio Patria Nostra
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 05:04:46 PM »
Labeling them is probably a good idea as I can see myself getting in the kayak, opening up the tackle box and finding a P09 instead of the fishing lures.

That will ruin your day very quickly LOL ;D

Offline v35

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 09:22:08 PM »
The Amazon item for anyone interested: VISM Double Range Pistol Bag

Offline double-d

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 08:32:23 AM »
Love the tackle box idea.

anything