Author Topic: anybody here run a p10 with a suppressor. does it work?  (Read 1256 times)

Offline greyling22

anybody here run a p10 with a suppressor. does it work?
« on: July 28, 2019, 04:37:50 PM »
I've handled every gun known to man, and the p10 feels the best to me. Has the 2nd best trigger too. So it looks like a winner, But the only reviews I have seen about people actually running a p10 with a suppressor are the 2 from the truth about guns guy, and he had issues with light loads. Well guess what, I run light loads to keep them subsonic in the 8" SBR. I'm concerned that if I buy the p10 I will have issues with cycling. My can is on the heavier side.

Has anybody run a can on their p10? did it work? if not, is there a lighter recoil spring available that would fix the problem? How was it as a host? quiet? gassy?

Offline ranastas

Re: anybody here run a p10 with a suppressor. does it work?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 08:12:00 PM »
You can run a lighter spring, but after mine broke in it cycles pretty much anything with a can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline greyling22

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 12:20:31 AM »
is there a source for a lighter spring? or do you cut the factory down?

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 12:40:28 AM »
CGW sells 15 and 18 lb springs for the P10C.  You’d have to get their guide rod, or cut the end off your stock captured guide rod.  I haven’t tried it, but people said they’ve used Glock 19 springs if you want to go lower than 15 lbs. 

Offline aasbra

anybody here run a p10 with a suppressor. does it work?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 08:13:27 PM »
Recently picked up a new suppressor ready P10c.  First outing to the range I was shooting mostly my subsonic 147 grain reloads (900-960 FPS), both with and without a suppressor, and some 115 grain factory fmj ammo.  At first, there were a few of the lighter charged reloads at the lower velocity range where the gun didn’t always eject the spent case or fully close the slide when cycling in a fresh round from the mag when the suppressor was on.  However, after the first 75 or 100 rounds, it was running great with no issues.  Probably put a couple hundred rounds through it, mostly subsonic, and about half with the suppressor on.  Didn’t notice much blowback or mess when shooting suppressed.  Fairly quiet with the sub loads and a Silencerco Octane mounted.  I like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk