Author Topic: P10c slide stop spring issue  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Huckleberry88

P10c slide stop spring issue
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:10:40 PM »
So I just got my p10c back from warranty, actually it's a new P10c different serial number. Anyways I took it to the range today to break it in and well this one has a new problem. The slide kept locking back and after looking at it I found that the slide stop spring was hopping off the little hook it lays in. Has anyone else had this issue and if so will the new spring fix it?

As far as CZ I'm very impressed with them and there customer service. I called and they have a new slide stop spring on its way. My problem is with the p10c, I'm not ready to get rid of it I like the way it shoots and handles but at this point I could not recommend it. Any other CZ gun I would have no problem recommending but so far I have had to many problems with this platform. If I were to go back to the start of by the p07.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 08:29:01 PM by Huckleberry88 »

Offline aflevine

Re: P10c slide stop spring issue
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 01:20:06 AM »
Does this also happen when you dry fire?

Offline Huckleberry88

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:11:42 AM »
No. It only happens while firing from the recoil. Once it happens though the gun while not function correctly until the spring is put back on the ledge.

Offline aflevine

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »
Can you slightly bend the spring arm to create a tad more tension?

Offline Huckleberry88

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 08:19:04 PM »
I gave that a shot today and I will see if it works next time I get to the range. It seems to stay in better and I'm going to see if it works before changing out the spring.

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 12:03:19 AM »
Can you slightly bend the spring arm to create a tad more tension?

I had the same problem.  Bending the spring took care of it.

Offline Huckleberry88

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 12:45:48 PM »
I would really like to see a better way of securing the spring like a spot that the spring actually slid into instead of just resting on it. My worry is that you can't tell if the spring is setting in with enough tension until you fire it a few times. Say you bent it while cleaning it, you won't know for sure if you have it installed with enough tension until it jams.

Offline aflevine

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 02:17:56 PM »
As I'm setting up my new P-10C for EDC, I try to keep in perspective that issues exist with almost every gun.  However, an issue that can result in a failure-to-fire due to mechanical failure, like any spring popping out, is a design flaw; no spring or other part should be able to pop out of position.  I take some encouragement that this seems to be a statistical blip and that most people do not have to contend with this issue.  Still, it has me cautious. ???

Offline earlan357

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 11:28:57 PM »
As I'm setting up my new P-10C for EDC, I try to keep in perspective that issues exist with almost every gun.  However, an issue that can result in a failure-to-fire due to mechanical failure, like any spring popping out, is a design flaw; no spring or other part should be able to pop out of position.  I take some encouragement that this seems to be a statistical blip and that most people do not have to contend with this issue.  Still, it has me cautious. ???

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  At least one DA/SA gun seems to break a trigger return spring at every match I go to, and the trigger bar lifter spring in CZ 75s and Berettas are held in place by just spring tension in a shallow groove.  With the P10, I use whether the slide "auto forwards" as an indicator of proper slide stop spring tension.  My first P10C slide stop spring would pop off and it wouldn't auto forward no matter how hard I seated a loaded mag.  My second P10C auto forwarded reliably and there was definitely more spring tension on the slide stop (which never popped off) so I bend my first P10 spring to match.  I ended up selling one but the first has over 9k with no problems despite being a 1st gen model.

Offline aflevine

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2019, 11:11:46 AM »
Thanks Earl.  My G26 shoots reliably and is fine for most situations I'm likely to encounter.  It has great utility, but is a mechanical chore to shoot with precision.  I consciously wanted a better IWB EDC that had a re-dot and that would be fun to train with.  Chose the P-10C over the G19 MOS and VP9.  My cajunized SP-01 is great for OWB and fun to shoot, but I can't pull off IWB with it for any period. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:20:03 AM by aflevine »

Offline Huckleberry88

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »
By no means am I trying to say this is an unreliable gun. In my personal experience I am needing to get things sorted out with it. I'm not going to sell it and hopefully I can get it shooting to the point where I can trust it. Right now I don't trust it so much. Like I was telling a friend of mine, I love the gun and I want it to be my primary gun, but in my experience I couldn't recommend it at this point hopefully with some successful range trips that will change.

Offline Huckleberry88

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 02:26:09 PM »
After removing the original slide stop spring and putting a little extra tension in it the gun has been working properly.

anything