Author Topic: Shootingsight Trigger review  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Rooftop Korean

Shootingsight Trigger review
« on: August 04, 2019, 08:43:19 AM »
Good morning everyone,

Just thought to share my experience with the Shootingsight Trigger so far.  I'm no expert on firearms but I'm very enthusiastic especially when it comes to modifying.  You won't see any pictures here because you can see all you want at their website.  So there are a few options out there but I chose this one for the following reasons.

-Great reputation
-Relatively easy installation
-Comes complete and then some
-Trigger assembly comes complete with it's own disconnector
-the trigger assembly is already assembled held together with a temporary pin (less pain for me)
-I can use my HBI trigger shoe (I don't think the CZ Custom can do this)
-They have military / law enforcement discount
-Free shipping

I've never heard of Shootingsight before but so far I'm very impressed.  When I received my trigger parts I noticed that the trigger assembly was already assembled with a temporary pin.  I thought that was great because it means less chances of springs flying around and loose parts.  The kit also came with a syringe of red colored Mobile grease.  The only minor issue I had with installation was with the spacer / trigger / trigger spring.  It took me a few minutes to finagle all of those items into the trigger cage just because it was a tight fit.  I could have done the rest in my sleep. 

After installation was done, I applied just a bit of the supplied Mobile grease to the Sear and Disconnector.  The trigger is slicker than snot, smooth like butter!  Very smooth take up and a nice clean and smooth brake, like a quality Double Stage trigger should be.  The reset is still unmistakable and the action is just great!  I have the HBI trigger spring but I thought it was a tad to light for my liking so I went with the supplied Shootingsight trigger spring.

In the past I've tried home trigger modifications mentioned here on the forum.  I ended up with burst firing and hard failures so that was out of the window.  I was looking closely to the CZ Custom trigger which is fully adjustable but I wasn't keen on adjustment set screws.  Even with loctite I'll always be worried if they rotate out of position at the worst moment.  If I went this route I would have purchased the CZ Custom Disconnector which is "Redesigned and strengthened" and comes with a "Precision ground spacer".  This would have raised the price another $60.  The last thing with the CZ Custom trigger is the fact that I had to use the trigger shoe it came with.  I spent good money on my high speed HBI trigger shoe and didn't want it to end up in the parts bin if I could help it.  Maybe I could have used it, but I didn't want to risk it. 

Overall the value and quality is outstanding.  The trigger is already optimized for you and it's solidly constructed.  Sometimes too many options can be problematic in my opinion.  I haven't had a chance to take it to the range just yet because of work, but I will be taking "Buffalo Bob" out tomorrow and putting it through the paces.  Soon as I'm done, I'll post a follow up range report. 

Hope this helps anyone out there on the fence.

*UPDATE*
So I went to the range today and I was very very happy with the results.  I put 200 rounds through Buffalo Bob and the trigger had no issues at all.  Here's what I found so far:

- Very smooth action
- Solid wall and reset
- Short uptake
- Trigger break isn't "Glass breaking" but solid
- Gives the operator positive feedback
- Rapid firing is almost effortless
- Very dependable so far

I measured the trigger's travel with calipers as accurate as possible by hand.  Measurements were taken from the middle of the trigger shoe's face.

From Full Rest to Full Deflection:   0.147"  (9/64")
From Reset to Full Rest:               0.083"  (5/64")
From Reset to Full Deflection:       0.064"  (1/16")

Full rest being the trigger at full extension, and Full Deflection being the trigger pulled to the stops.  What I found out about this trigger is that even though it's a 2 Stage, the trigger uptake is shortened at the reset compared to full rest by 5/64".  This may not seem like much but this is more than half the triggers full travel.  Personally I like it very much!  My other quality 2 stage triggers will reset at full extension (Full rest) but not in this case.  I would almost call this trigger a Modified 2 stage because there is some take up but very little.

The only negative about this trigger is it makes me want to burn though a lot of ammo, very rapidly.

I'm no competition shooter as I've never tried, but I'm halfway tempted to with this trigger modification!  I will keep this thread updated as time goes on if anything significant changes but I doubt it will.  Hopefully the video and data I've collected will help someone.  I think it's worth it's weight in gold and I would highly recommend this trigger for anyone considering a upgrade! 

Disclaimer:  I'm in no way affiliated with Shootingsight, I'm just really happy with his product and just wanted to share my experience with you.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:04:53 PM by Rooftop Korean »

Offline motorolanut

• “Character is what you are in the dark.”
Re: Shootingsight Trigger review
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 03:51:52 PM »
Good news, let us know how it performs on the range.   Thanks!
Virtue has united, death shall not separate

Offline Mike-4

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 06:51:46 AM »
Nice write up. Please post pics when you can.

Regards

Offline Rooftop Korean

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 08:59:19 PM »
Review is updated!  I can't seem to figure out how to post a youtube video though.

Never mind, fixed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:12:09 PM by Rooftop Korean »

Offline wizzles

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 12:06:30 AM »
Great write-up, add it to the list of future scorpion upgrades...

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 10:23:17 AM »
Thanks for the write-up, it's always good to see a satisfied customer.

Offline Perdition

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 10:17:14 PM »
So for us unfortunate souls that have the welded trigger pack, I'm assuming we won't need to have this rectified if we go with the drop-in cage?  Then it will be a relatively simple swap but I will need to have a separate trigger shoe assuming I leave the factory trigger pack untouched, correct?

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 01:10:26 AM »
The drop-in does not come with a trigger bow/shoe, so you will have to re-use whatever is on your factory pack.

Not sure I follow your welded question: what is welded is the bolt that holds the trigger pack in the lower, so you either need to drill off the head, or grind the weld from the inside to get the old trigger pack out.