Author Topic: 75BSA is discontinued?  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Oldwolf

75BSA is discontinued?
« on: August 14, 2019, 11:46:44 AM »
I noticed my favorite CZ, the 75BSA is discontinued according to the CZ-USA website. I guess they didn't have the sales, or people were just modifying their double-actions to SA instead of buying a new one.

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-b-sa-9mm-black-16-rd-mags/
SP-01 Shadow Target Custom
75 SA

Offline TNman

Re: 75BSA is discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 01:05:14 PM »
You are probably right on both accounts. Plus, the reviews for the trigger were not always kind.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline Metal Wonder Nine Guy

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 04:43:29 PM »
You are probably right on both accounts. Plus, the reviews for the trigger were not always kind.

Was the trigger on the 75B SA not as crisp like a hi power or 1911? Did it match the single action trigger of the regular 75B?

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 05:00:17 PM »

Was the trigger on the 75B SA not as crisp like a hi power or 1911? Did it match the single action trigger of the regular 75B?

Same factory hammer hooks, same factory sear equates to comparable triggers in all modern CZ75 variants. Factory variance applies to all models so no two 75B's are guaranteed to be the same like no two 75 SA's are guaranteed to be the same. Aside from outliers they all fall into the same factory range. While i do not own enough examples to be sure about this is seams that there has been some overall improvement in CZ manufacturing over the years. This may narrow the factory variance to some degree but i do believe that it is still present.

I can not comment on direct comparisons to the non CZ models.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 05:11:53 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline canthelpit

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 07:23:50 PM »

The 1911 and Hi-Power were designed as SA guns from the beginning.  The 75SA is an adaptation of a DA/SA gun, so the trigger reflects that fact.
But, it's not hard to improve the SA trigger.

Offline ejb1975

75BSA is discontinued?
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 12:13:16 AM »
Yep, sucks because I love the differences it has over the 75 like full beaver tail and full slide rails, I went for a .40 model so I could get the full guide rod and actual full slide rails (9mm doesn’t) I did fit a 9mm SP-01 barrel to it. just got mine back from Guncrafter Industries. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Z400acdc

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 10:15:59 AM »
I found a nice used Cz75b SA at a local gun store. $440 later and now my Cz75b has a brother. I could not wait to try it out and I hit the backyard range as soon as I got home. Although the trigger and recoil is not as nice as my Ruger Target in 9mm, it is fine at about 4.5. It shot well and is a fun range pistol! If you having difficulty with accuracy with the pistol, you can’t shoot!

Offline bang bang

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 06:23:06 PM »
if you want one, then buy one, NOW.

The longer you wait the more expensive they will get.   you are for warned.

Offline retteryer

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 10:06:08 PM »
Man,this guncrafters guys,what have they done to your frame,they ruined it :D
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline DaveVLam

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 01:58:03 PM »
I wanted the 40 SA but couldn't find one so 9mm it was. I asked once a few people and some just swapped the hammer and they said it did wonders.
At the moment I need about 5 hammers for everything including the SA!

Offline maleante

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 08:28:10 PM »
Shootingsurplus.com has them in stock. $590 shipped with the code. They only list one, then when it sells they put another up.

Get one while you can.

Offline Sunkist

• NRA Instructor: Basic Pistol, Reloading, CCW
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2019, 10:45:45 PM »
I found CZ when I did a Google search for a SAO .40. I bought one and then a DA-SA .40. I learned all I could about making a good gun better and Cajunized both. They are the all steel big boys and man do they work! i was a 40 snob for a while and then I got a PCR followed by a 75 B full size nine, thanks to Jeff Cooper's praise of them. Then a few years later I found a brushed stainless with the sexy beavertail and again with Cajun and CZ Custom parts I converted it to SAO. They draw a crowd at the range, especially the stainless nine. Now that CZ has dropped forties from their line-up I am very grateful I found them early.

I had the DA-SA out today and was reminded just what treasures they are.

"In the Land of the Blind the One-Eyed Man is King."

Offline arellanon

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2019, 10:35:49 PM »
Yep, sucks because I love the differences it has over the 75 like full beaver tail and full slide rails, I went for a .40 model so I could get the full guide rod and actual full slide rails (9mm doesn’t) I did fit a 9mm SP-01 barrel to it. just got mine back from Guncrafter Industries. 

Love the finish on your gun!

Do you feel a difference in running 9mm with the full guide rod and full rails?

My CZs:
CZ-75B
Kadet II
CZ-75B .40
SP-01 FDE
CZ-75B CWE
CZ-97B

Offline ejb1975

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2019, 10:39:44 PM »

Love the finish on your gun!

Do you feel a difference in running 9mm with the full guide rod and full rails?
Thanks, I’m not sure I feel a difference because of them, if I do it’s not significant.  I’d have to do a comparison with one of my other 75’s focusing on that to see.  This one does shoot really nice though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything