Author Topic: CZ Scorpion Micro issues while suppress  (Read 1740 times)

Offline colo-pr

CZ Scorpion Micro issues while suppress
« on: August 20, 2019, 09:14:09 AM »
Hi guys,

I recently got my Scorpion EVO Micro and I am pretty happy with it. Took it to the range for the first time and found and interesting issue. The gun out of the box with the "no osprey" fake suppressor works perfectly fine, not a hickup, but then when I put my SilencerCo Octane 9HD  is when the issues begins. Huge feeding issues, at the point that every 1-2 rounds I get 1 or 2 inside the receiver stuck. Remove the suppressor and put the fake one again and boom, works just fine. I have tried with factory mags and with Manticore mags as well, the issue continue with all.

Any suggestion? being waiting for the gun just to shoot it suppress 95% of the time so shoot without the suppressor is not an option, better sell it and go back to an AR9m.

Thanks in advance for any help

Offline zen_grasshopper

Re: CZ Scorpion Micro issues while suppress
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 05:23:55 PM »
Are you running the booster on the can? 

Offline colo-pr

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 06:39:02 PM »
Booster? I'm sorry, I got the supressor about 3 months ago and I'm not very familiar with the parts. The booster is something that I buy separate? Because if it comes from factory yes, I took the supressor out of the box and put it in my guns without any alteration or install anything else.

Offline Phlyers13

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »
You definitely need the fixed barrel spacer for the octane. This will slide over the piston in place of the spring looking thingy.

Offline ndmiller

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 07:44:46 PM »
Top picture is the booster for pistols as it helps unlock the barrel for recoil

Bottom picture is for fixed barrels, a fixed barrel spacer.

If you use a booster with a fixed barrel it will give you feeding issues.  If you use a fixed barrel space with a browning tilt unlocking barrel you will have feeding issues.  You need to use a fixed barrel spacer with the Scorpion as said above, just wanted to add pictures as you're a suppressor newbie.....We were all there once.

Offline colo-pr

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 09:25:56 PM »
Perfect, thank you very much, that explain everything. I have mine from factory with the spring (the top picture), so mean that for the scorpion (or any fixed barrel) I have to purchase a fixed barrel spacer, ahh, more stuff to buy, well, I guess I can just search it for "fixed barrel spacer"? I will start with SilencerCo to see if they have it.

The interesting part is why worked perfectly fine with my AR-9 which is a fixed barrel too?

Offline SilentRecon

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 08:02:04 AM »
Perfect, thank you very much, that explain everything. I have mine from factory with the spring (the top picture), so mean that for the scorpion (or any fixed barrel) I have to purchase a fixed barrel spacer, ahh, more stuff to buy, well, I guess I can just search it for "fixed barrel spacer"? I will start with SilencerCo to see if they have it.

The interesting part is why worked perfectly fine with my AR-9 which is a fixed barrel too?
The spring/neilson device is for when you run your suppressor on a pistol (pistol barrel moves). On a fixed barrel like your scorpion, you don't want any movement on your suppressor. Shooting your suppressor with the booster on a fixed barrel can also cause baffle strikes. Get a tri-lug adapter from SiCo and that will remove the piston and spring. Plus, its quick on/off and wont back off while shooting. If you dont want to use a tri-lug mounting system, then you can get a sleeve that replaces the spring over the piston- not as good as tri-lug.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Offline colo-pr

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 01:50:08 PM »
dang it, got your reply after ordered this last night: https://silencerco.com/fixed-barrel-spacer.html

anyways, I plan to be using the Octane 9 between the Scorpion and my M&P 2.0 full size so I dont know if the tri-lug adapter comes for it.

anything