Author Topic: Sphinx  (Read 1917 times)

Offline jaegersapper

Sphinx
« on: September 14, 2019, 04:45:37 PM »
I picked up a new to me Sphinx SDP compact a few weeks ago. Added the ZRTS springs. Lightened up the action some. I also found a few burs on the firing pin block arm. I polished that out.

That arm was a pain to get back together.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Sphinx
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 12:39:58 PM »
Sounds good!  8)  Congratulations and may it serve you well!  :)

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline bg002h

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 01:39:13 AM »
I just got one of these too. Kinda bummed on the DA pull. Smooth right up to a pretty nasty hitch at the end. Single action was great out of the box. I’m out in the modern weapon systems spring kit, which was fairly easy (I bought all the punches, including the roll pin punch, they use in the install video). This made the DA pull mediocre (7.5 lbs but still a hitch just before the break) and the SA pull amazing (3.5 lbs, very short and smooth). From looking at the internals, the disconnector had one contact face with the trigger bar that was kinda rough (looked like the surface was sorta like the moon…small craters or something).

I tried polishing the trigger bar and disconnector contact faces. This made things better, but still not great…so maybe there’s some other issue, I dunno.  If I polish these parts too much I probably will screw it all up. I ordered a new trigger bar and disconnector with the hope that I just got crappy internals. Maybe I should have ordered a new sear group…it’s a bit pricey though.

The good news is that you can order any part from Kriss USA now.

I’m also trying to figure out how to remove the hammer. The retaining pin has me flummoxed. If anyone has any tips, I’d be most appreciative!

Offline jaegersapper

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 07:48:38 AM »
I haven't tried polishing any more of the internals, just the burr I found. Good to know about parts now. Thanks.

Offline jaegersapper

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 07:55:07 AM »
Where did you order the parts. Do you have a link

Offline bg002h

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 10:45:20 AM »
Where did you order the parts. Do you have a link

I called Kriss-USA. There was a stupid telephone menu that had no option to select for Sphinx customer support. I selected what sounded like the most important option (maybe business sales or something like that) and told the dude I need to order some Sphinx parts but the telephone menu sucked. He took my order on the spot. They send you an email with an attached PDF to confirm all the parts (I had to go through several rounds as I had the wrong exploded diagram and didn’t know it). When the order is correct you send a payment info sheet (filled out by hand, they need it in writing for some reason) by fax or email.

Offline bg002h

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 10:39:52 PM »
Update: credit card charged and I got a tracking number. It sure seems like they are selling parts directly to the public!

Offline moses the armenian

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 06:53:36 PM »
Do these take standard cz75 magazines ?

Offline bg002h

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 09:49:54 PM »

I think so, but I’d have to google it. I’m new to cz pattern pistols.

Offline jaegersapper

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 08:11:39 PM »

My CZ p-01 mags do not lock in the sphinx.  The sphinx grip is just a little longer than the P-01.  The Sphinx mags fit and  function fine in the p-01.  So, I imagine the longer cz mags would fit the sphinx.  YMMV