Author Topic: What to purchase: Shadow 2, Target II, CGW SP-01?  (Read 161 times)

Offline Stafford

What to purchase: Shadow 2, Target II, CGW SP-01?
« on: November 05, 2019, 11:59:41 AM »
Trying to decide what will be my first CZ purchase:

Tried a stock Shadow 2 and loved everything about it - except it isn't allowed in IDPA.

The SP-01 Shadow Target II looks to be good in both USPSA Production and also IDPA in either SSP or ESP. - haven't shot one and it is the most expensive.

The CGW SP-01 is the least expensive and could be used in USPSA Production and IDPA ESP. But, it also has a 10 week wait.

Other factors: I don't shoot IDPA much - I would probably shoot a max of 5-6 times per year and I could just use my plastic defensive pistols, which is what I'm currently doing.

Of the three choices, I've only tried the Shadow 2 and it was great. Almost too good to be true compared to my Glocks and M&P pistols.

Offline igolfat8

Re: What to purchase: Shadow 2, Target II, CGW SP-01?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 10:17:48 PM »
The Shadow 2 is a GREAT pistol. The frame fits smaller hands better than the SP-01 which is slightly larger and a better fit for large hands. You can have the slide milled to make weight for IDPA if that is important? The Shadow 2 has a much better trigger out of the box. Sorry but I can’t offer any comparison on the target model.

anything