Author Topic: Night Shoot  (Read 847 times)

Offline timetofly

Night Shoot
« on: December 01, 2019, 12:22:58 AM »
Our local Gun Club had a last minute Night Shoot tonight.  Three stages with hand held flashlights only. 

Stage one, Three targets on west side of the range, two rounds each, then run to a barricade and from the left side shoot through an opening four targets with two rounds each. Then mandatory reload and from the right side two rounds in each four targets.  Sounds easy until the breeze stops and you can't see through the smoke and the flash light makes the problem worse.  I guess 85 seconds could have been worse. 

Stage two, At ten yards, two six plate racks and a Texas Star between them.  Mandatory reload before the second plate rack.  Sounds easy, the plate racks were six for six, but that pesky Texas star took 15 rounds for five plates.  Thank goodness for 21 round magazines.  Still managed 17/17 and a semi decent time.

Stage three,  Three targets on the west side of the range, two rounds at any distance.  At the back of the range were four targets and a table 10 yards away.  Two rounds each target above the table and the same under the table.  I managed a a fair time and only one mike. 

I will say that it certainly was an interesting evening for me since I've never shot at night or used night sights.  Next time I think I'll use a CTC trigger guard laser and my VP-9.  As for pictures, too dark and too cold.  I'm looking forward to the next Night Shoot.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Night Shoot
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 02:18:13 AM »
Nifty! Would love to try that but both local ranges are "sun's down, guns down." right now.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 10:42:23 AM »
Sounds like a fun time!

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 07:12:41 PM »
Use to love running the Night / Low-light shoots back in the day
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the 8 years before HIM !

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2019, 09:17:50 PM »
One of the clubs I frequent holds a couple night matches every year.  I always enjoy those.  It’s an eye-opening event, with lots of skills and things to learn that are different from day-time shooting.  Humbling even.   

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2019, 09:29:13 PM »
I'm going to have to ask my instructor buddy if we can sweet talk the owners of the private range into have a quick night shoot some time...

Offline timetofly

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 01:23:51 AM »
I'm ready for the next one, but that probably won't be until spring.  Shooting at night was a real challenge for me.  I guess I'll be trying out combinations of different sights and lighting systems to see what works best before the next one. 

anything