Author Topic: CZ P09 Holster Help  (Read 2108 times)

Offline Getrdun33

CZ P09 Holster Help
« on: December 04, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »
Alright, I am having issues. Ill be honest. I do not know much about holsters. I have always fired rifles and have never carried.
But my husband has to carry for his job. He works with LOOMIS and they told him he needs active retention. He told me it was like his service holster when he was in the Army. Has a lock release button. I found one on safariland but it would take 60 days for it to be made. He needs it before January 2020 so he can start cleet. He can legally carry on the job right now due to his military background but obviously cannot carry or start cleet without a holster. So any help would be great. I am not entirely sure what I am looking for.
He works 6 days a week and normally from 6 am to 7 pm so I am trying to help him out so it is one less thing he has to worry about.
If this is the wrong forum I am sorry. I just assumed a holster question would go in the holster forum.
Thank you all for your help
And if the Title wasn't enough he has a CZ P-09

Offline CCWLearner

Re: CZ P09 Holster Help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 09:22:17 AM »
I haven't used one, because I have no need as a civilian concealed carrier, but I have looked online at the Hogue ARS holsters.  They have two types of active retention holsters for the CZ P-09.  There's a level 1 retention holster that uses a thumb lever to release.  Then there's a level 2 retention holster that also has the thumb lever and adds a hood for additional retention.  You can find them floating around on Amazon or Ebay, so you should be able to get your hands on one without waiting for a custom order to be made.  If I was looking to open carry my P-07, and didn't want to spend the time and money to get a Safariland made, I'd probably look at one of those.

There are also some other brands out there with different retention methods, usually with an index (trigger) finger button release.  Which type you go with should be determined by your husband, depending on what he is comfortable with and/or what he was already trained to use.

Offline joedirt199

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
I have the hogue holster and it works well. Safariland won't take 60 days to make, more like a couple weeks. Contact them by phone and they will rush it for police type duties. I have the als duty style for my p09 and can't use it anymore as I have an optic mounted. Shoot me a pm and we can work out the details for an early christmas present for your husband.
God created Police so Fireman would have heroes

In God we Trust, everyone else gets searched.

Offline Lugo solis

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 05:03:15 AM »
I have the hogue holster and it works well. Safariland won't take 60 days to make, more like a couple weeks. Contact them by phone and they will rush it for police type duties. I have the als duty style for my p09 and can't use it anymore as I have an optic mounted. Shoot me a pm and we can work out the details for an early christmas present for your husband.
How about my friend researching a holster for my cz p-09, come to this comment, you're talking about a Safariland holster, why if you still have it, I'm interested in buying it

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Offline rdcinhou

• Coat of Arms for Uherský Brod
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 08:59:41 AM »
Finding a good holster is always a challenge.

CZ USA has a number of downloads available in their SUPPORT portion of their website, including an Excel spreadsheet with compatible holsters for modern models.

https://cz-usa.com/support/download/

https://cz-usa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Copy-of-HOLSTER-DATABASE-11.14.xlsx

Although nothing can beat the endorsement of a fellow CZ owner who has found one that he is happy with!
CZ24/27/38/40P/45/52, Vzor 50/70,75BΩ,75D Compact,P01/07/09,P10M/S/C/F(9mm,.45), Phantom,SP01 Tactical,Shadow 2 (Blue,Urban Gray), 82/83/85 PreB, 97BE,97BD,97BDE,100,1911A1, 2075D RAMI,452 American,550 Urban Counter Sniper,805 Bren S1,Drake G2,Duo,Z,vz24 8mm Mauser,FK 7.5 BRNO Field Pistol, PSD