Author Topic: New RAMI sights  (Read 2066 times)

Offline Nick1946

New RAMI sights
« on: December 27, 2019, 05:10:13 PM »
I replaced the original tiny dot sights on my RAMI with a set of XS big dot sights.  It was difficult seeing the front sight very well and wanted something larger.  I didn't think the 1mm fiber would work for me.  I'll go to the range next week and see how they work.  I've had cataract surgery on both eyes and also surgery on the right eye for a macular hole. I use reading glasses for reading and computer work and have to use shooting glasses with a 1.0 power for shooting, otherwise I can barely see the front sight at arms length.  Anyway both original sights came off easily using a Site-Tool Gen 4 pusher and the new ones just tapped in smoothly using a brass punch.  I'll let y'all know next week what I think of the new sights.

Offline kjphilippona

Re: New RAMI sights
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 12:22:19 PM »
Definitely interested on how things turn out! I also purchased the RAMI as a Christmas gift to myself and agree with you on the tiny almost useless sights that come on the gun! Were and what model sights did you purchase for your RAMI?

Offline macktheknife

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 06:10:36 PM »
Just put a red fiber optic Dawson front sight on my Rami big improvement, eye is really drawn to the front sight.
PEOPLE SLEEP PEACEFULLY IN THEIR BEDS AT NIGHT BECAUSE ROUGH MEN STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF.

Offline Nick1946

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 08:12:34 AM »
Definitely interested on how things turn out! I also purchased the RAMI as a Christmas gift to myself and agree with you on the tiny almost useless sights that come on the gun! Were and what model sights did you purchase for your RAMI?

I bought these(CZ-0004S-5) https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8527 from Amazon.

Offline kjphilippona

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »
Thank you, Nick

Offline Vinny

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2019, 09:29:00 AM »
Tried a few different sight combos on my RAMI BD, but aging eyes are a moving target. They usually don't get better.  YMMV
Finally decided to solve it once and for all, thanks to CGW:

"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline kjphilippona

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 09:37:22 AM »
That's an amazing setup! Just don't like this gun that much to drop that kind off money on it  :(

Offline Vinny

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 09:57:12 AM »
That's an amazing setup! Just don't like this gun that much to drop that kind off money on it  :(
I completely understand. Honestly, if I didn't have an 'extra' RMR 01 that didn't work well on a different pistol, I probably wouldn't have tried it. But I stumbled across a CGW video of them milling a RAMI and trusted them with the project. I'm thrilled with the results as the RMR gives me accuracy of a much longer sight radius pistol in a sub-compact package. For my 'ol eyes, much faster and more accurate.

Here's a combo I tried before going the RMR route. I liked the XS BIG DOT but didn't like the 'dot-the-I' rear. So I had an extra tritium Suppressor sight from my P-07 SR and it fit the RAMI dovetail. With a bit of filing to tweak the POA/POI it worked well, but I've since decided to go all-in on red dots.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"