Author Topic: Need advise on mirror finish  (Read 1906 times)

Offline TNman

Need advise on mirror finish
« on: December 31, 2019, 08:19:17 PM »
Considering having all or a portion of my CZ 97 BD polished to a near mirror finish. Found two companies but do not find many reviews on either.

Can anyone provide insight on either Mirror Finishing LLC., or Patrioit Gun Polishing? Or, offer suggestions on other vendors. - Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IDPA   |   USPSA  |   NRA

CZ PCR   |   RAMI BD   |   Shadow 2   |   P-10 C   |   CZ 75B Omega   |   CZ 97 BD

Sig P320 Comp. & Full & X-Carry
Sig P226 Legion
Springfield XDS Mod 2 45

Offline ams

Re: Need advise on mirror finish
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 02:13:39 PM »
I have never used either of them, but I have good things about Patriot Gun Polishing.

Offline Arko

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 07:37:26 PM »
Really all you need to do is look through PatriotPolishing's gallery and you'll see that it would be very hard to find anyone better. His level of detail and craftsmanship looks from the pics to be exquisite and dare I say perfection. Just pick any flat surface of any gun in his gallery and note the perfect flatness of it. Look at the perimeter of it and see how the reflection just disappears without any wavy areas around the edges. You can see how uniform all of his radius work is, very consistent and  proportional.  I'm not affiliated in no way but I can spot fine craftsmanship.

Offline Mercs

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 08:32:49 PM »
I have never heard of Patriot before... but now I want to send something to them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline texas yankee

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 10:51:28 PM »
Patriot does EXCEPTIONAL work - I had a Norinco 1911 and an AMT Longslide mirror polished - Dazzling!!

Offline Trblshtr

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 04:38:38 PM »
Looking at the Patriot Polishing gallery, all I can say is WOW!  I have a S&W 686+ that I'm hesitant to ask for a quote on, afraid that I'll find it too reasonable.

Question for texas yankee: do you shoot the guns you had polished and how does the finish hold up?  I have a 75B High Polish that I've put a lot of rounds through and the finish is remarkably tough with no noticeable scratches (although it is a fingerprint magnet).  I'm working on convincing myself that the 686, being stainless steel, would also withstand blemishes in the same way as the 75B.
Steve

Offline Rmach

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 04:46:36 PM »
I have a few high polished stainless handguns that I shoot in rotation.  The great thing about polished stainless is that you can easily sand and polish out any new scratches, unlike matte or coated surfaces.