Author Topic: CZ production in USA  (Read 1786 times)

Offline czechollector

CZ production in USA
« on: January 08, 2020, 04:00:31 PM »
CZ22, CZ24, CZ27, CZ36, CZ38, CZ45, CZ46, CZ50, CZ52, CZ70, CZ75, CZ82, CZ83, CZ85, Drulov M70, DUO, Grand .38 Sp, Mars, Z, M1922, Praga, Praha, Slavia, Little Tom, VZ24, VZ33, VZ52, VZ52/57, VZ527, VZ54, VZ58, VZ98/22, ZKM451, ZKM455S

Offline ARK208

• Boise, ID USA
Re: CZ production in USA
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 03:18:08 AM »
Very interesting...thanks for sharing.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 05:38:10 AM »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Togmaster

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2020, 07:39:19 PM »
Cz looking to displace SIG.
Let's go Brandon!

Offline Old-Duckman

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2020, 11:41:46 AM »
Cz looking to displace SIG.
They already have in my humble collections of each. I will no longer buy a SIG, unless it is an extreme bargain, as I think they are way over priced for what you get. CZs, on the other hand, are still a relative bargain. Not as much as in the past but I think you get more for your money purchasing a CZ vs a SIG. I have also read that SIG quality control has gone down some of late. I hope the CZ USA plant happens.

Offline canthelpit

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:04 PM »
A friend of mine owns an AR style .22 rifle that Sig produced for a few years, and was sold with a LIFETIME warranty.  The early production rifles had a parts failure problem that had been fixed
in later production guns.  When his broke, he sent it back to Sig for repair and an upgrade to the improved part. He was informed that the rifle was out of production and that parts were no longer available, even though the rifle was only a few years old.  He simply refused to take no for an answer and kept shipping the rifle back while pointing out that they had sold it with the lifetime warranty.
In the end, after several attempts, they repaired the rifle with the improved parts and returned it.

If that's how Sig treats their customers, CZ should be able to gain some traction at their expense.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 09:01:15 AM »
CZ looking to displace SIG.

Won't be hard. I've found that there are several companies of German/ Swiss background that try to cash-in on the "superior German engineering" folklore, but it simply doesn't. Yes, it's good, but certainly no better than others. Not to the extent they can demand a 50% premium over other brands. A certain 3-letter car company comes to mind.

In the end, what it boils down to is simply a thin veneer of something with no more utility than "snob appeal". This is a feature that the latest generation of buyers can't afford, and to which social status simply has no appeal.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.....
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Ipleathe2nd

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »
Thanks for the article.

Offline LeeM

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »
That would be interesting. I wonder why they aren't looking near the distribution center in KS?

Offline Nick1946

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 05:19:29 PM »
CZ looking to displace SIG.

Won't be hard. I've found that there are several companies of German/ Swiss background that try to cash-in on the "superior German engineering" folklore, but it simply doesn't. Yes, it's good, but certainly no better than others. Not to the extent they can demand a 50% premium over other brands. A certain 3-letter car company comes to mind.

In the end, what it boils down to is simply a thin veneer of something with no more utility than "snob appeal". This is a feature that the latest generation of buyers can't afford, and to which social status simply has no appeal.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.....

Had some fun with Bavarian Motor Works, didja?  8) 8)

CZ rocks and the world is learning faster and faster that this little Czech company really knows how to put out a high quality product.

anything