Author Topic: Shadow 2 SA  (Read 452 times)

Offline Claymore504

Shadow 2 SA
« on: January 15, 2020, 04:46:20 PM »
Been wanting a Shadow 2 for a while now. I was unaware they offer a factory SAO version. Is this new for 2020? Anyone have expereince with it? Would just getting a regualr Shadow 2 and firing it in single action result in the same trigger pull?

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-shadow-2-sa/

Offline himurax13

Re: Shadow 2 SA
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 05:12:55 PM »
Meh, it just looks like a regular Shadow 2 with matching grips and SAO trigger.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Offline coolbox

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 03:23:41 AM »
The trigger pull will be same/similar within the limits of component differences or pistol to pistol variance in large scale non custom pistols.

However, the feel will be very different, as the SAO trigger has a different geometry, and a different reference position as to where the trigger actually breaks. The SA/DA trigger, being very curved, breaks with the trigger finger much more to the rear, closer to the grip.
The SAO trigger breaks with the trigger finger further away from the grip. This changes the feel quite a bit. I find it better on the SAO, some may not.
Life is too short to waste on a bad trigger pull

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 08:30:19 PM »
When I had a Shadow 2, I converted it to SAO using that same trigger (but in silver).  The trigger pull may be the same break weight, but the key with these SAO triggers is that the break is farther out in terms of reach.  One of the reasons I parted with a Shadow 2 is the the SA break on etc regular DA/SA trigger is pretty far back, moreso than on Shadow 1's.  So I preferred the Shadow 2 as a SAO, but then that took it out of Production in USPSA and I already had a gun in .40/Major Power Factor for Limited division. 

But it is still an excellent gun as a SAO.  If you're planning on using it for just range plinking or shooting plates/steel, a SAO conversion could be right up your alley.  I just find it surprising that in those pics on the product page the gun has the flat thumb safety instead of the included extended one, which is pretty much essential on a SAO gun.

Offline newageroman

• BrassBucket.net - buy/sell/trade for free - site owner
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 05:21:01 PM »
Doubt the trigger in SA would be any different. Personally I would get a regular S2 (non orange) and cajunize/convert it myself.

I can tell you this. My OLD 75B SAO convert has a noticeably better trigger than my the stock Non orange S2. Any single action trigger that I can set(which I can with the S2 in SA), is not a great trigger IMO. It might be a GOOD trigger, a safe trigger, or whatever.

When I built the SAO, I tried the SAO trigger with stock hammer. it was better, but just so so really. The race hammer and the adj. sear is what took the good trigger to a mouth drooling target trigger. It still has a bit of initial take up, which I like, almost like a 2 stage trigger.
75B-SAO-USPSA gun, SP-01

http://brassbucket.net/ - buy/sell/trade for free - site owner

http://brassbucket.net/ace-digital-brass-trim-kit/" - Ace Digital Brass Trim Kit - low cost rifle brass trimming for D650 and SS presses

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 06:04:31 PM »
I also like a little bit of takeup.  What's nice about these SA replacement triggers is that along with an over travel screw, they have an adjustable pre travel screw up inside as well.  But yeah, to me it was really more about reach than actual break weight or feel.