Author Topic: I must be jinxed  (Read 2078 times)

Offline rbuzz00

I must be jinxed
« on: January 17, 2020, 04:37:04 PM »
When it comes to getting a new Bren 2 I have the worst luck. Since seeing these at Shot Show 2019 I've been trying to get one. I guess the problem is that I want to get one at a 'reasonable' price and refuse to be gouged by Gunbroker prices. I have called and contacted I don't remember how many dealers with no luck. I'm on the waiting list of probably a dozen places. A couple of months ago I thought that I had finally lucked out and found one online. I quickly bought, paid for, and sent FFL information only to be contacted later that the store had an inventory error and actually didn't have the item in stock. Luckily my money was refunded, but that started the search all over again.

I recently got a tip that a particular dealer had two Bren 2 91451 (5.56 w/11" barrel) coming in so I immediately contacted him and he agreed to put my name on one. A couple of days later I got a call from the dealer. Instead of a congratulation call it was a call to tell me that the UPS truck that was delivering the order he was expecting was involved in a major multi-car pile up on the highway. The boxes containing the two pistols was damaged and was being returned back to the distributor to determine whether they were damaged or not and then to decide what to do next with them. After about a week I contacted the dealer and he said he has heard nothing and suspects that they will probably be tied up in an insurance claim. So that shoots down that second 'almost had one' event.

Now I'm back to waiting. The dealer has placed another order but right now it seems that all 5.56 w/11" barrel Brens are almost impossible to get. Who knows how much longer this will take.  I would say it's been frustrating, but that would be a major understatement.

Offline Aries144

Re: I must be jinxed
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 06:47:26 PM »
What a mess! Sorry man.

Offline the war wagon

• Mafioso of the Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 08:19:12 PM »
That does blow, but we recently had a pileup, of two (2) FUDD-Ex double trailer 18 wheelers, a UPS double trailer 18-wheeler (both guys in that rig died), a car and a tour bus, about 40 miles away.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/ntsb-investigation-into-deadly-turnpike-crash-could-take-years/A5IOHMF4FRFJZCGBWV2USBX7IY/?_website=cmg-tv-10080

You obviously worry about that many PEOPLE affected, but you also couldn't help but look at three large container rigs crashed like that, and wonder how many packages got ruined/destroyed in the process.   :o
- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 09:18:53 PM »
I didn't realize at the time just how serious the traffic accident was. The dealer simply mentioned that a few vehicles had been involved. Since then I've done a little research and found that the accident involved about 30 vehicles in a chain reaction pile up on I-95 in Maine.  There were reports of about a dozen injuries, one serious, but I haven't heard anything about any fatalities.

Your prayers have to go out to the people and families affected by such a tragedy. By comparison, my little inconvenience that I'm complaining about doesn't even register.

Offline Magsz

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 06:15:30 PM »
I didn't realize at the time just how serious the traffic accident was. The dealer simply mentioned that a few vehicles had been involved. Since then I've done a little research and found that the accident involved about 30 vehicles in a chain reaction pile up on I-95 in Maine.  There were reports of about a dozen injuries, one serious, but I haven't heard anything about any fatalities.

Your prayers have to go out to the people and families affected by such a tragedy. By comparison, my little inconvenience that I'm complaining about doesn't even register.

Brother...you're a good dude with a kind soul.

I hope you land a pistol soon.  They're coming and I hope that 2020 is the year that anyone who wants a Bren 2, is able to get one.  Im also waiting on an 11 inch pistol after absolutely falling in love with my 9 inch 7.62X39.

If I find one available, ill PM ya and its yours!

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 09:45:45 AM »
Magsz, thanks for your words of encouragement.

"I'm also waiting on an 11 inch pistol after absolutely falling in love with my 9 inch 7.62X39".

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for an 11" Bren in 7.62 or 5.56?  The dealer that I'm working reportedly has a good relationship with CZ and has been able to get several Brens in. Let me know which one you are looking for and if he gets one in I'll let you know. It seems like the 11" 7.62X39 Bren 2 is readily available. I know of three different listings at reasonable prices. It's the 5.56 with an 11" barrel that has been practically impossible to find lately.

The Bren 2 is one of three different firearms that I have been trying without any luck to get.  I never knew is would be so hard to try to convince a firearm manufacturer to take my money.

Offline Magsz

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 11:32:55 PM »
Im in for an 11 inch 5.56.

I originally got the 7.62X39 gun for hog but after shooting it, I fell in love with the platform and cant even begin to imagine how smooth this thing must be in 5.56.  I want one...bad. :P

Offline Doctor Castle

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 09:33:36 PM »
There are seven new 11" 5.56 remaining on iAmmo.com. They ship to your nearest FFL.

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 10:10:15 AM »
Thanks for the news, but you're too late. I've already ordered one from iammo.com and it's set to be delivered tomorrow (Thursday). The jinx is over. I also managed to get a source for a H&K SP5 and it should also be here soon. My thanks to iammo.com for probably the best price anywhere on the Bren 2, as well as their fast shipping and great over the phone service.

I don't know if CZ produces these in batches or what, but for months there haven't been any 11" versions anywhere, even Gunbroker, which usually has everything, although at inflated prices. Just in the last week, I've received notices from 6 or 8 vendors that the item that I've been waiting for is now in stock.

Now if we could only get some information from CZ on how they plan to handle sales of the Bren 2 stocks. I heard they were holding their supply of stocks to offer them in some sort of 922 package sometime in February.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 07:47:38 PM by rbuzz00 »

Offline Aries144

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 03:21:24 AM »
Dude, you are going to LOVE both of those guns.

The mp5 is the nicest 9mm carbine I've ever shot, especially with a suppressor. It's a paintball gun.

The Bren is my favorite 5.56 so far. I think you're really going to like it.

Enjoy the anticipation!

Offline Magsz

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 06:11:28 AM »
Missed it!!! lol.

What a price!!!

Offline rbuzz00

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 10:44:09 AM »
That's too bad. I picked mine up late last night. Haven't had a chance to try it out naturally, but so far, I really impressed. Great finish and ergonomics, and it's got probably the slickest action I've seen.  It's smooth as butter.  This thing really needs a stock/brace bad!  I'd love to have the CZ stock and SBR it, but I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle of registering it, getting fingerprinted, and all the other problems when a brace is about 98% as good.

I think I'll go with the brace using the ACR stock and Dan Haga accessories. Found a source for the ACR stock and already have the Strong Arm brace. Now I just need the adapters when they are back in stock.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 10:54:15 AM by Wobbly, Reason: Mods re-sized photos »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 02:46:09 AM »
That's what I like, a story with a happy ending. 8)