Author Topic: Pre B  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Tommy9971

Pre B
« on: January 22, 2020, 11:04:56 AM »
Need a little help. What would the value be of a 1985 blued excellent condition CZ 75 pre B in original box with manual and test target be worth? Thanks!

Offline Blackwatch

Re: Pre B
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 11:30:23 AM »
Did you confirm it has a blued finish? Just wondering as many 1985's have black enamel, which would change the value somewhat in my opinion.

Offline Tommy9971

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 11:34:49 AM »
Yes sir, on gunbroker.

Offline Tommy9971

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 11:36:17 AM »
Trying to figure out how to post pics

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 11:42:46 AM »
1985, excellent condition CZ 75 pre B in original box with manual and test target
I would say $500 plus blued finish.. which actually I have no idea how much it could be worth...
If you are selling, go with $800 and then see if there is any interest...

Offline Tommy9971

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 11:44:33 AM »
Thank you sir!

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 12:09:27 PM »
Saw two listed on Gunbroker for $1499 and $1599, neither of which appear to be blued to me. While I certainly wouldn’t pay that, doesn’t mean someone else wouldn’t, just depends how much money you have and how bad you want it I reckon. As they say, it’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay :)
I think I got mine for around $600? (Maybe less?) without the box or manual/test target and it had been mod’d with CGW parts and a Brownell’s home-blued job. One of the best shooting guns I’ve ever owned and will be one of the last guns I ever part with :)

Offline Tommy9971

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 12:12:39 PM »
I saw those the other day. I probably paid too much for mine, but it is in as new condition with box test target and manual. Gorgeous blue as well. Thanks for the response!

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »
I saw those the other day. I probably paid too much for mine, but it is in as new condition with box test target and manual. Gorgeous blue as well. Thanks for the response!
Oh man, I’ve paid well over market value for many guns (paid well under for some too) but at the time it was well worth it to me and have never had a minute’s regrets over any of them. I would never buy guns as an investment, I enjoy collecting and shooting them too much! 
Love to see a pic of your blued Pre B, I want to get mine refinished but can’t decide between Nighthawk’s smoked nitride finish or just getting it professionally reblued. Just something about a well-blued gun that is absolutely gorgeous to me.

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »
Yes sir, on gunbroker.

Was that the one with after market sights? If so, I'd be interested to know what you think of the slide stop and safety finish when you get it. From memory, they looked much darker than the frame and slide.

Nice pre B you got there - congrats!!

Offline bang bang

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 07:02:47 PM »
JMO,

the Bauska import with the box and stuff does not appear to be blued to me.

but the photos are not the best either.  If "blue" is important to you, i would have them send some BETTER photos to you.  OR look at the return policy if any.

think real hard about your endgame.  Many people want a quick buck.  How long can you wait to make some money? 

Offline Tommy9971

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2020, 07:02:54 PM »
Yes sir

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2020, 12:01:47 PM »
If really blued, and really in excellent condition, I'd say $600-700 is OK.  Below this, I'd say it is good, and anything below $500 should be pounced on.

I did see one lately on gunbroker that was said to be excellent, but it was NOT.

IN the mid eighties they were mostly enamel, but some blued and some parked as well.  Blue in excellent condition is likely the most valuable.  They are scarce but not rare.

Offline Artemis Alpeia

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2020, 10:47:23 AM »
Should be pretty easy to tell if it’s blues or not. If the pictures are that terrible then I’d pass. Shouldn’t be any reason not to have quality photos up unless you’re hiding something or are just being lazy.
Anyways, don’t pay more than five-hundred for an enameled Pre-B unless it’s not import marked. That in my opinion is worth another hundo. But blued ones are a different sorry. Probably going to be seven-hundred and up. Easy.

Offline gunbuster

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2020, 02:54:21 PM »
We can help more if you post pics or the url to the auction.
WTB PM if you got any for sale:
CZ 75 SHORT RAIL (factory blued)
CZ 75 PRE-B (factory blued).

anything