Author Topic: Questions about P-09  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Yoni

Re: Questions about P-09
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 07:08:19 AM »
I have shot a ton of rounds, maybe 2 tons of ammo from the Hi Power since it was my issue pistol for a long time.

So I have a special place in my heart for Hi Powers.

Then we went to Glocks, nice pistol to carry because of the weight. But it has no soul in my opinion.

I have a bunch of friends that came out of the USA top anti terror unit, and they all had big CZ love. One of the guys has a son that spent a bunch of years in one of the Ranger Battalions, he has BIG CZ love.

In Israel we have had CZ, for longer than the USA has had them. I viewed it as a good gun.

Then I moved back to the USA and got a P09, and fell in love with it. I carried it every day until I got a P07 which was CGW from day one. P07 fits my hands a little better than P09.

My eyes have gone bad, now that I am getting older so my CZ's get red dot sights.

My favorite pistols by far is P09/07. If CZ had never made P07, the P09 would be my every day carry.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 06:43:06 PM »
Back to the OP.  P09 or HK, or SIG.

BL:  Go to a LARGE gunshow and pick one with the smoothest trigger you can find - one that does not stack. 

The P09 is SO easy to shoot, accurate, and reliable - probably my best shooting guns I own.  As a HD gun - unmatched. 

Now - the downside.  OTB, the SIG WILL have a much better trigger, unless you LUCK out as above.  SIGS can now be had cheaper if you look. Even KH P30s can be had at a decent price.  Many Omega CZs will come with horrible grit and stacking, but if you have patience and don't mind getting into the innards, you can make it much better.

But again, I love my P09s.  EXCELLENT guns.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 07:25:45 PM »
It helps me a lot to think, "Where might this lead me ? In 6 months ? In 1 year ? In 2 years ?"

One thing is for sure... laying in the bedside drawer is not in the future for any CZ !!  ;D  These things are really fun to shoot because the ergonomics make them easy to hold, and therefore you'll simply shoot much better. CZ makes shooting enjoyable because you can actually hit something.

That presents the quandary. The P09 is really too big for most people to conceal easily. It's a good range gun, but not the best CZ for extended range work or competition. In short, it's a dedicated one-gun solution. It does everything OK, but being a "one size fit all", doesn't do any job really well. So if your interest grows, it can become a dead end.

If your schedule or income allow any expansion... If you think pistol ownership is going to expand your involvement in shooting sports.... range time, carry time, or competition time. Then, I'd much rather buy the P07... which can easily morph into a really fine home/ carry gun. Then, at some point in the future, buy a worthy and dedicated CZ range gun.

Here's the key to this topic... take a look at just how many CZ owners own more than one CZ. What are the odds you'll be in the group within 12 months ?

Just my 2 cents.
+1 What Wobbly Said ^^^^^^^^ and what Briang2ad Said +1
IMHO...My P-09 is a bit big and I just prefer my P-07's overall because they do EVERYTHING so well: With 15 round mags comfy EDC, and with +5 mag extensions matches P-09 capacity for HD and competition. My SIG P229 LEGION RX came with matched optic & BUIS, a great short reset trigger and it's a fine gun indeed but it was after all more than 2X the price. A CZ with a little Cajun Spice can be very nice!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:44:48 PM by Vinny, Reason: typo »
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 05:12:38 PM »
If its ONE gun - P07.  But you cannot 'have one.' 

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2020, 12:52:33 AM »

Yeah, I agree... and that's why I have two P-07's.  At least one of them is always holstered and ready for concealed carry or home defense, while the other is usually set up for dry fire, either in the safe or laying on my desk or coffee table, or else unloaded in my range bag, etc.

I wouldn't mind having a P-09 for home defense, but if I was going to have one of those, I'd probably want two of those also.  One would be my HD gun, in a quick-open box with a full-sized weapon light attached, the other would be my spare range / practice gun. 

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »

Yeah, I agree... and that's why I have two P-07's.  At least one of them is always holstered and ready for concealed carry or home defense, while the other is usually set up for dry fire, either in the safe or laying on my desk or coffee table, or else unloaded in my range bag, etc.

I wouldn't mind having a P-09 for home defense, but if I was going to have one of those, I'd probably want two of those also.  One would be my HD gun, in a quick-open box with a full-sized weapon light attached, the other would be my spare range / practice gun.
I don't get it? But ok
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Bigkev

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 12:41:35 PM »
If you are wanting something for carry/home/range I would go with the P07, if it’s range/competition then the P09 would be a better choice. The 09 is a little large for a comfortable carry gun in my opinion. Even the P07 in the summer makes for a hard carry. I much prefer to carry it OWB which works well with jackets and sweaters. During the hotter months I go straight for my Walther PPS M2.
Ultimately just pick what you want and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alcante262

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 08:08:18 PM »
I just got my first P 9 and it is really accurate.I have a 75 s/a and it is also great.Will start possibly looking for some aftermarket items later.For now more ammo and shooting.Anyone ever grind off the lanyard loop.

Offline joedirt199

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2020, 08:33:59 AM »
Yeah it's no big deal. Cut it off then file flat. Could hit it with some cold blue for rust protection.
God created Police so Fireman would have heroes

In God we Trust, everyone else gets searched.

Offline MarcosC

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2020, 05:48:33 PM »
Hi Guys, I have (and love) my CZP09. But now I've jumped into the world of reloading (since ammo in my country is crazy expensive) and I am about to start my first wave of bullets builds.
So first question I was asked by the guy who will come and teach me is....."WHAT IS THE OAL OF YOUR PISTOL?"
Trying to do some reading in the web, I understand that all CZP09s woudl have the same OAL.....so what would that be?!

Thanks guys for your help as always!
Marcos

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2020, 07:03:17 PM »
Lanyard loops on my P07/P09 are plastic. 
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline alcante262

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 05:30:46 PM »
Wobbly is right,I started witha 75B s/a.Now I also have a P-09

anything