Author Topic: CZ P01 Replacement Sites  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Steelerfan

CZ P01 Replacement Sites
« on: March 26, 2020, 03:36:59 PM »
Looking for some recommendations for aftermarket sights for my P01. The stock sites are hitting a bit low at 5-7 yards so should I be concerned about the size of the front post with aftermarket replacements?

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: CZ P01 Replacement Sites
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 03:59:14 PM »
Recommend dawson precision- they should help
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 04:47:47 PM »
Dawson as mentioned above and TFX Pros are great choices.

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 08:11:57 PM »
Dawson seems to be the best option. If you like fiber you can make calculations and adjust front sight height to match POI with POA.

I don't like fibers and my choice was LPA Adjustable Rear sight, keeping front tritium sight.

Offline Steelerfan

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 08:31:40 PM »
Thanks guys, so I would like to have some type of tritium night sites as I will be carrying this from time to time.

Jurek...an adjustable rear site would work but would I need to buy the front and rear site separately from Dawson?

Is an adjustable rear site a good carry gun option?

Offline jurek

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 09:52:05 PM »
Jurek...an adjustable rear site would work but would I need to buy the front and rear site separately from Dawson?
Is an adjustable rear site a good carry gun option?

LPA has the same POI by default without changing front sight. If you already have factory front tritium, nothing to do. If you have fluorescent dot and want to use tritium, you go with ML17775FS which has exact dimensions as factory front sight.
I love my LPA sight, but check with these pictures, not everything is perfect.

LPA with cocked hammer

LPA is a little longer than factory sight, what makes less place for finger to cock the hammer

Fully adjustable

rear view

notch is not deep as an original sight has, but it works for me. The aim is automatically higher.

LPA has 3 designs, all white. I made red dots with sharpie, it makes faster alignment

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:07:07 AM by jurek, Reason: typos... »

Offline Kneab

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 10:52:35 PM »
I have the Tfx pro tritium/fiber with orange ring on the front sight installed on my P-01. Very bright in light because of the fiber and very bright tritium compared to the Trijicon night sights that I have on a few other pistols. I like them and would buy them again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline viking499

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 11:01:24 PM »
I have the Tfx pro tritium/fiber with orange ring on the front sight installed on my P-01. Very bright in light because of the fiber and very bright tritium compared to the Trijicon night sights that I have on a few other pistols. I like them and would buy them again.

Do you have a pic of the front sight looking through the rear post?  Curious to see how it shows up and contrasts.

Offline Kneab

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 12:14:15 AM »
How is this one?

Offline jurek

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 12:15:02 AM »
Steelerfan, I've forgotten to answer you question:
Yes, LPA is OK for carry, actually it doesn't help with fast drawing, but once you go for precision you'll shoot dead center.

Offline viking499

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 09:03:56 AM »
How is this one?

Perfect.  Thanks.

Offline mariachi

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 12:33:38 PM »
had CZC install the Tritium 2 dot rear sight and Tritium front sight. the rear sight part number may be 10736. the rear sight requires a slide cut so the turn around is 4 weeks approximately. searched for weeks for sights for P 01 and grateful these available. thank you CZC. outstanding and they make P 01 even better looking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Steelerfan

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 03:07:39 PM »
Great suggestions, thanks for your suggestions. They all look really good now decision time.

DJK11

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 06:53:47 PM »
Looking for some recommendations for aftermarket sights for my P01. The stock sites are hitting a bit low at 5-7 yards so should I be concerned about the size of the front post with aftermarket replacements?

Do you want bullseye or combat sights?  Meprolight on my P-01 and TFX PRO on my 75.  The TFX front is fast acquisition but it’s BIG.  Great combat but obscures the bullseye.  You could just purchase a taller rear if the OEM sight picture is okay.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 01:56:07 AM »
Recommend dawson precision- they should help

Agree, I put a set on my PO-1 last year, dead on and awesome! I can get a pic or two of it if ya want,just give me a day.  ;) Mine is the blacked-out rear with red front fiber optic.
https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-cz-p-01-carry-fixed-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/