Author Topic: cz 83 .32 acp magazine ejecting during firing  (Read 5403 times)

bonj

cz 83 .32 acp magazine ejecting during firing
« on: May 02, 2020, 02:56:25 PM »
Does any one know what would cause the CZ 83 .32 acp magazine to ejecting during firing. I had one mag eject prematurely on the last round and another with about three rounds left. Both mags appear to be clean and functional.

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
Re: cz 83 .32 acp magazine ejecting during firing
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 05:49:57 PM »
I was going to say it isn't at all repairable and should be sent to me for disposal.

32 version is one of the only guns I regret selling and I rarely shoot the 380 version I kept.  Enjoy!!
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?

bonj

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 05:13:34 PM »
actually I had one for sale and then changed my mind. I'm still not sure if I need two.

Offline afultz075

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:11:39 PM »
I would start will replacing the magazine release assembly parts. The mag release design of the CZ 83 is a known weak point and it is not uncommon to have the related parts wear prematurely.

bonj

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 02:43:33 PM »
I just figured it out. The ambidextrous mag release button is so sensitive that the middle finger of my right hand  is pushing against it during firing. I wonder if there is a mag release button available for just the left side.

Offline Psyop96

cz 83 .32 acp magazine ejecting during firing
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 02:37:31 AM »
Have not seen such a thing as a separate left-only button. The mag release button is a one piece design that works with that particular system (parts 43-47). You could try taking it apart to see if there’s something “off” that’s causing it to be so sensitive. Not complicated but there are some small parts to align in reassembly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonj

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 05:13:33 PM »
Well I removed the mag release to inspect it and clean, but apparently this is more complicated than expected and now I have no idea how to re-install #42 Slide Stop Spring that fell out during the procedure.

Offline ILpaul

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 09:30:25 AM »
http://leolani.net/relics/cz82.html
The above site has a CZ82 with good step by step instructions and photos.
I furnished it to the shop who re-blued mine. He said it was very helpful, but Part #42 was a bear.

Code: [Select]
One issue that was a real butt kicker.
I'll share so hopefully you can avoid was the slide stop spring.
It had some twist to it and unlike the one in the schematic it had the
round end that just sat over the front trigger guard pin which is a roll pin.
I must have taken the trigger guard off and played with the shape of the spring
15-20 times before it set right and let the trigger guard snap up where it belongs.
As Numrich does not have any of these I would suggest you keep an eye out for a spare spring.
If you can get the L shaped one with the matching pin (may be able to align a roll pin,
or drill one to accept the L style spring). Either way if you pull the trigger guard down
to remove the slide, be sure to check that the spring is tight to the side.
There is a recess in the trigger guard for the spring but is not forgiving in clearance.
Closing the trigger guard on the spring will bend it, and then you'll be in the same boat I was.

I have some more info if you want to PM me.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 03:12:39 PM »
Another resource.

http://sailorcurt.com/2009/01/cz-82-gunsmithing-part-13.html/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bonj

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 04:56:33 PM »
Thanks all for the links. I can get the spring back in without doing all of procedures in the links sent, just can't get the trigger guard back in place now. I got a feeling the trigger needs to be removed first. Anyway I dropped it off at the gunsmith today.

bonj

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 05:24:53 PM »
Does anyone know if the magazine release spring is the same for the 82,83 and 84?

Offline afultz075

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 09:58:49 PM »
http://leolani.net/relics/cz82.html
The above site has a CZ82 with good step by step instructions and photos.
I furnished it to the shop who re-blued mine. He said it was very helpful, but Part #42 was a bear.

#42 (slide stop spring) is a piece of cake to install for the old style sickle shaped spring. All you need to do is partially drive the trigger guard roll pin about an 1/8 of an inch into the frame from the side where the spring sits. Then you just place the spring into its hole on the slide stop with a pair of tweezers and hook the sickle portion over the exposed part of the roll pin you just partially drove into the frame. Once the spring is resting correctly on the pin you just drive the roll pin the rest on the way in. It might shift the spring a little bit but you just need to push it back over to the wall of the frame so the trigger guard doesn’t crush it when you snap it back into the frame.

I find the L-shaped spring on the newer 83s a lot harder. I think they changed the slide stop spring design around 2000 or so. There is a little hole drilled in the frame on those guns where the short end sits, then the roll pin keeps it from popping out of its hole. It is under spring tension when in that hole and needs to be held down while the roll pin is drove in, which requires 3 hands pretty much. I think I had to have my wife tap the roll pin in for me while I held the L-shaped spring into its hole with a jewelers screwdriver last time I had to install one.

Offline eastman

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 10:02:33 PM »
Does anyone know if the magazine release spring is the same for the 82,83 and 84?

I am not familiar with a CZ 84. More info?
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline afultz075

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 10:13:42 PM »

I am not familiar with a CZ 84. More info?

Maybe he’s thinking of the Beretta 84. Beretta’s Cheetah series (equivalent to the CZ83/82) also have model numbers 82, 83, and 84 in the lineup. Although the Beretta 82 and 83 are pretty much unobtanium in the US.

bonj

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 05:15:42 AM »
Sorry,not CZ 84, I meant the 82 and 83.

anything