Author Topic: 10MM Conversion  (Read 4401 times)

Offline NMShooter

10MM Conversion
« on: May 17, 2020, 04:35:56 AM »
I just received my 10MM conversion, nice job. I have a couple of questions: what weight recoil spring is the 10MM spring? What load (or ammo) was used for the test target? Excellent work and customer service.
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:54:13 AM by NMShooter, Reason: Didn’t like post »

Offline Stuart

Re: 10MM Conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 11:51:45 AM »
Guns are built with 18# recoil spring.
Guns are shot with S&B, Winchester, Federal, Sig Elite.

Offline NMShooter

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 03:04:20 AM »
Thanks Stuart

Offline bang bang

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 10:54:57 PM »
cool.

a range report would be nice....hint hint...

Offline sierra11b

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 09:01:17 AM »
Can you post your impressions? What did you have them do exactly? A lot of people are curious about this conversion and you seem to be one of the first to receive.

Offline sunsetIE

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 11:03:08 AM »
+1 on more info, mine would like to be turned into a 1cm gun too

Offline NMShooter

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 06:24:17 AM »
My apologies, haven’t been on the forum recently. Right now the 10 is in the shop. I’ll post back when I’m able to get it out a few times. This is my 9th 10mm. Other than the Glocks (2) and the P220, it’s taken a while to shake (literally) the bugs out and get them to show what they’re capable of doing. My current woods carry, a Dan Wesson bob commander, took two or three years to get  to the point where I trusted it. Now it’s 100% reliable.
All I had done on the CZ was the basic conversion which is fitting a 10MM Bar-Sto barrel (nice) and removal of the loaded chamber indicator pin. I also had them add a rail. I added a CGW kit: springs, hammer, trigger, pins, firing pin and firing pin block lifter. I left the factory hammer spring in. The CGW hammer spring is too light for a 10mm. I think I’m going to put the factory trigger return spring back in as well. CZC ships the pistol (they supplied the pistol in my case) with the 10mm barrel installed plus 45 ACP barrel, extractor and mags (2). They supply (1) 10mm mag. The mags are made by Mec-Gar. Incidentally, CZC suggests the mags be loaded with 12 rounds due to bulging with more. I’ve been able to load 13 without issue but 14 will not work. To switch from 10mm to 45, simply change barrels and extractor plus maybe the recoil spring. CZC ships the 10 with an 18lb recoil spring. I think a 20lb is more appropriate. I also added a SS guide rod.
Ammo I’ve run through it so far: Sig factory 180 grain, reloads: Hornady 200 grain XTP, Hornady 180 grain HAP,  Nosler 150 grain HP, Badman 180 grain poly coated truncated hard cast. It shot all of them well except the Badman. Something about how the chamber is cut is not liking these bullets. I want to seat these bullets around 1.25-26, but I’ve seated them all the way to 1.23 and they’re still making contact just behind the shoulder.
There is total chamber support. My STI 10mm will bulge cases if I’m  not careful (Underwood), but I don’t think that will be an issue with the CZ.
I was seeing some primer drag. I think a 20lb recoil spring will cure that. I’ve seen this issue with small pocket 9mm’s but never with a full sized 10mm. We’ll see.
I’m not too crazy about the barrel bushing. This isn’t CZC’s issue but CZs. The bushing moves all over the place. I cured it with some Teflon thread tape but if I were doing this knowing what I know now, I’d have them fit the 1911 type bushing.
The jury is still out, but I think this will be a solid 10mm. I know it’s accurate. When I get more time behind this 10 I’ll report back.
CZC has been fantastic to work with, I would have no problem giving them more business. Great customer service.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 06:28:43 AM by NMShooter »

Offline NMShooter

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 12:13:00 AM »
I received the 10 just in time to take it backpacking in NW Montana. I put three rounds of Underwood 220 Grain Hard Cast through before we hit the trail, sights were right on. I used a Galco holster made for a 1911 with a Surefire 300 weapon light. The 10 with rail and Olight Mini Valkyrie light fit very tight to begin with, but loosened up quite nicely by the end of the trip. Had no problem with the holster and backpack, very comfortable. No wear on the finish at all. I'll be taking the 10 out this weekend to test some loads. I'll report back.
Thanks to Stuart, Eric, and the guys for turning it around so quickly.

Offline artyfo

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2020, 11:48:06 PM »
Stuart, I purchased an Eric Zinn customized CZ 97BD.  How costly and how difficult would it be to convert it to 10mm.  If your company could do that is it then capable to switch back to .45ACP?

Offline Stuart

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 01:56:36 PM »
Stuart, I purchased an Eric Zinn customized CZ 97BD.  How costly and how difficult would it be to convert it to 10mm.  If your company could do that is it then capable to switch back to .45ACP?

We can do that. Send me an email at stuart@czcustom.com

Offline TheTrueNorth

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 06:58:06 AM »
Any updates on how this gun is breaking in?  I currently have a DW VBob, Sig Tacops and a Glock in 10mm.  10mm has certainly been a frustrating journey as I do not trust any of mine.  I would be interested in this conversion if it has been reliable for you. 

Offline Clint007

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2021, 12:37:31 PM »
It’s a 97B or BD they convert to shoot 10mm. They adjust the extractor so one can swap out a barrel and spring, and the magazines, and it shoots 45ACP.   It’s sold with both caliber barrels/springs/mags.

I had a pic rail added to mine.   It’s a beast. Heavy. But shoots awesome. I’m shootings some homemade Underwood-esque 10mm and it’s painless.

Have to custom make the holster tho.

C
Temere phrase latine usus sum ut magna canetis