Author Topic: Help me identify this rifle! W/ pics now  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Texashunter

Help me identify this rifle! W/ pics now
« on: May 23, 2020, 02:29:31 AM »
I bought this 22 rifle from someone several years ago. It looks just like a cz brno but has No markings on the barrel. It has a serial number on the left side of the action along with 1984 stamped on the top of the action. There is a small round target with an arrow stamped on top of the action under my scope mount. Other than that there are no import stamps or caliber markings. It does have an adjustable trigger that looks the exact same as the brno model 1 adjustable trigger. Thanks for any help! I will post pics as soon as I can.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:21:07 AM by Texashunter »

Offline JAS

Re: Help me identify this rifle! W/ pics now
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 06:17:47 PM »
Hi,

It's definitely a BRNO, possibly a Model 1 Trainer.  That said, I would post this question at the RimfireCentral.com forum. There are a couple of BRNO experts over there that could probably trace your serial number.

Best,

JAS

Offline Pomyluy

Re: Help me identify this rifle! W/ pics now
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 10:18:13 PM »
This is a Chinese JW-15 or similar model, actually - it's a Brno Model 1 clone. A dead giveaway is that emblem stamped on the receiver ring along with the 1984 date. I've owned several of these as well as actual Brnos and while they're decent clones, they're definitely cruder by comparison.
CZ 75B SA (2005) - CZ 452 FS (2011) - CZ 527M Carbine (2014)