Author Topic: I need to vent.  (Read 3379 times)

Offline gatorb

Re: I need to vent.
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 01:29:46 PM »
In Tennessee it can be loaded if you have a carry permit. There is a bill introduced House Bill 2817, sponsored by House Majority Leader William Lamberth, R-Portland, would allow a person to carry a handgun without a permit as long as he or she otherwise would have qualified for one. A person who does not meet the state’s list of qualifications to carry or a person who did something that would have a permit revoked would not be allowed to carry a firearm under this bill. Which led to House Bill 1553, sponsored by Bruce Griffey, R-Paris, which would remove all criminal penalties for carrying a firearm openly or concealed as long as the person possesses that gun legally. Parten testified in favor of this bill because it removes the restrictions in HB 2817, which causes it to fall short of his definition for constitutional carry. Which the subcommittee advanced but not law as of yet.
“For those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don’t understand, no explanation is possible.”

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 01:51:59 PM »
All very interesting, but nothing to do with the OP.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 03:01:35 PM »
In NY the SafeAct of 2013 limited the mag to 10 rds....the governor then tried to further limit mag capacity to 7rds.  Surprisingly in Jan of 2014, the NY Supreme court ruled that to be illegal and the limit went back to 10 rds.

As far as shipping to NY....many gun manufactures, gun shops and online gun stores will not ship to states that have the 10 rd limit, laws restricting the use of hollow points (like New Jersey) and other stupid laws that have no affect on prevent crimes.....just restricting lawful gun owners. 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 10:25:46 PM by Grendel »
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline BG ARMORY

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 10:21:54 PM »
if you try to order a gun that isn't legal in your state. It gets canceled...

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 10:25:37 PM »
In NY the SafeAct of 2013 limited the mag to 10 rds....the $hit head governor then tried to further limit mag capacity to 7rds.  Surprisingly in Jan of 2014, the NY Supreme court ruled that to be illegal and the limit went back to 10 rds.

As far as shipping to NY....many gun manufactures, gun shops and online gun stores will not ship to states that have the 10 rd limit, laws restricting the use of hollow points (like New Jersey) and other stupid laws that have no affect on prevent crimes.....just restricting lawful gun owners.

RESTRICT THE USE OF HOLLOW POINTS?!  ??? What kinda boneheads they got living there?!

anything