Author Topic: Shadow 2 SA Mods  (Read 1099 times)

Offline 356robo

Shadow 2 SA Mods
« on: August 08, 2020, 11:41:15 PM »
I recently aquired a Shadow 2 SA for range use and want to lower the trigger weight to about 2 lbs. Before I bought the Shadow 2 SA, I dry fired a Tactical Sport and was impressed with the light trigger. I want to get the Shadow 2 trigger as light as the Tactical Sport. Can it be done?

Offline Frank72

Re: Shadow 2 SA Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2020, 02:39:22 PM »
 I have a CZ Shadow 2 that I converted to SA by taking out the disconector and adding the flat trigger from Cajun. That's the only parts I swapped. I also polished the trigger bar, the hammer and hammer strut. I did a general polish on the inside where the trigger bar sits.

The trigger has been awesome! About 2lbs with short reset and crisp. Very accurate.

I recently has some trouble with the trigger but fixed by adjusting the pre travel.

Hope that helps!

Offline 356robo

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »
Thanks Frank72, that does help. It gives me hope that I can, indeed, get a 2 lbs trigger.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 08:40:10 PM »

With the SA variant, all you need is a Competition Hammer.  It will give a crisp light trigger pull.  It will be close to the TS but the TS has springs to stabilize the sear cage.  You can pin the sear cage and tighten up the action if needed.

https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85892.0

Either the CGW of CZ Custom competition hammer will do the trick.

Cheers,
Toby

This forum rocks!

Offline 356robo

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 09:41:30 AM »
TDOGG, Thanx for the really good info and links. After reading, I think my journey seeking perfection just became a bit longer.

Offline eastman

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 07:10:35 PM »
TDOGG, Thanx for the really good info and links. After reading, I think my journey seeking perfection just became a bit longer.

isn't that always the case?
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline ScoobyDoo

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 04:34:56 PM »
I did not find the hammer and sear to make the trigger any more crisp on my SA than it was out of the box so I took it back out.  However, I believe the trigger return spring from CGW lightened my trigger pull (I also installed the CGW flat trigger).