Author Topic: Any sources for CZ 83 magazines .380?  (Read 14975 times)

Offline Richard Dillon

Any sources for CZ 83 magazines .380?
« on: October 08, 2020, 11:02:37 PM »
Folks, I would like to buy four mags for my CZ83 in .389 ACP.   Does anyone have a good source for reasonably priced mags?  Thanks so much in advance!

Offline Steeldog

Re: Any sources for CZ 83 magazines .380?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 01:45:05 AM »
Any luck finding any legit ones which are not the fake "mfg CZ"?

Offline eastman

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2020, 05:45:59 PM »
the best option is to look for real surplus vz82 magazines (they are interchangeable with the 83 in 9x17 or 9x18)

real surplus mags will have the crossed swords marking

CZ-USA used to import commercial 82/83 magazines, but stopped carrying them a year or two back
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Terminatorret

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 08:36:55 AM »
I strongly CONCUR with Eastman. Don't waste time (like I did) trying to get aftermarket mags to work reliablly.
ONE "crossed sword" (or new OEM from CZ USA) mag is worth a bag full of anything else. Especially the "mfg CZ" mags...which I purchased 4 because they were such a good deal.
I tried to get them to work for months, even changing mag follower springs and tweeking the magazine "feed throat" dimensions. Never got more than two or four consecutive feeds. I finally swallowed my pride and threw them in the trash after flatening them with a hammer. I didn't want anyone accidentally finding them in my trash and attempting to use them.
The ammo alone that I wasted would have bought me a couple of the real CZ mags.
CZ52
CZ82
CZ83

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas."
Davy Crockett, hero of the Alamo

bonj

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 04:03:18 PM »
Good advice!

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 04:24:14 PM »
I strongly CONCUR with Eastman. Don't waste time (like I did) trying to get aftermarket mags to work reliablly.
ONE "crossed sword" (or new OEM from CZ USA) mag is worth a bag full of anything else. Especially the "mfg CZ" mags...which I purchased 4 because they were such a good deal.
I tried to get them to work for months, even changing mag follower springs and tweeking the magazine "feed throat" dimensions. Never got more than two or four consecutive feeds. I finally swallowed my pride and threw them in the trash after flatening them with a hammer. I didn't want anyone accidentally finding them in my trash and attempting to use them.
The ammo alone that I wasted would have bought me a couple of the real CZ mags.

Living behind enemy lines I have to take what I can get. Luckily I was able to snag a pair of 10 round mags from CZ USA back when, but my new hobby has been to try to re-manufacture the crap "CZ-mfgr" mags to factory spec, with occasional success. Straightening and filing the feed lips to spec has helped so far. However, I do not EVER plan on depending on them in real life. 

Offline barrelproofdrinker88

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 08:43:32 AM »
Those are the crappy ones I believe.

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2020, 01:19:04 PM »
Yes, they are. Look for the seam down the back.

And overpriced too, I got mine for $20.

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 05:00:02 PM »
Knockoff crap. Seams are evident.

Offline zbillster

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 05:48:17 PM »
Hey gang. I haven't been on this forum in quite a while. I noticed this thread, and I have two CZ82 mags I'm willing to sell.

I bought a surplus CZ82 through Classic Firearms in 2013. I had to send it to a gunsmith once for repair, and then it developed another problem, so I mothballed it rather than throw more money at it.

One of these mags came from Classic Firearms in 2013, while the other I bought from Rogue Elite in CZ-USA packaging around 2016.

I took some photos and put them here.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vMTjSSn8StLHU37F7
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:13:44 PM by zbillster »
CZ-75B | CZ-75 PCR | CZ-82 | CZ Kadet Kit (sold) | CZ-75A in Airsoft | And ... um ... other brands

Offline kabic

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 01:16:00 PM »
I got a magazine from DK firearms, has the seam.

Fits a little tight, but think it will work.  Have not shot yet.

bonj

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 04:51:18 PM »
Hey gang. I haven't been on this forum in quite a while. I noticed this thread, and I have two CZ82 mags I'm willing to sell.

I bought a surplus CZ82 through Classic Firearms in 2013. I had to send it to a gunsmith once for repair, and then it developed another problem, so I mothballed it rather than throw more money at it.

One of these mags came from Classic Firearms in 2013, while the other I bought from Rogue Elite in CZ-USA packaging around 2016.

I took some photos and put them here.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vMTjSSn8StLHU37F7

nice pics! so that is how one can provide pics on this website! Thx!

Offline BeoBill

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 05:05:12 PM »
I got a magazine from DK firearms, has the seam.

Fits a little tight, but think it will work.  Have not shot yet.

You're going to have to completely remaufacture it (completely disassemble, clean up internals with a file and resize the body and feed lips to correct size and dimensions/contours) and do a complete lube job before it will even get to the "some FTFs and stovepipes" stage of "operation". They're junk. Ask me how I know...

anything