Author Topic: Greeting from Canada:)  (Read 167 times)

Offline Jericho77

Greeting from Canada:)
« on: November 21, 2020, 07:23:54 PM »
New cz75b shooter, not totally new to CZ's though, my primary deer rifle is a cz527 in 7.62x39. I just recently got into competitive shooting, figured I better get on it and enjoy some range play before all our guns are taken away from us too, after all the liberals up here don't want to be seen as any less progressive than those in New Zealand/Australia, lol... I suppose a little history on me is in order, I was born and raised in Northwestern Canada, grew up hunting and fishing, so I'm quite comfortable with firearms and my favorite calibre has always been 22lr with any 30cal a close second, although 9mm is getting closer and closer to the top of the list everyday, lol... I always had an interest in pistols, my brother and I were schooled as kids with our dads S&W 22lr target and his RCMP issue 38 special but laws changed and it requires a significant amount of hoop jumping these days, with no small amount of money/time to become a restricted gun owner, so as an adult it was easy to put it off, eventually decided to follow through with the paperwork anyways... My very first purchase was a buckmark 22lr, the field target model and thought I'd eventually end up with a 1911 45acp, however it didn't take long before I was introduced to the world of competive shooting and the need for a reliable 9mm was made abundantly clear after browsing ammo prices, reloading may be on the horizon for me, lol... As it happened though, the timing was perfect and I got the last spot in a black badge course not long ago, plus a club member had a 2002 stainless(zinc I think, kinda has a rose color to it) cz75b w/5 mags and 2 holsters and he was willing to let it go for less than half the cost of a new one with no goodies, he also told me he bought it new and maybe put a few thousand rounds through it over the last 18yrs, how could I say no to that! Judging by the wear on the internals he wasn't lying and its functioned flawlessly for me since day one but that didn't keep me from installing a mcarbo spring kit a few days ago to improve the trigger pull. On a side note and at the risk of making this basic introduction overly long winded, lol, I recently snagged a Jericho 941f, one of the hard chrome sao Isreali surplus models and I love the heft and feel of it in hand plus it has the "star of David" on it, so cool... I would really like to convert it to da/sa and use it for "production division" but it's old(I won't run it full time without new springs and spare parts) and info on it is hard to find, so I'm here for that as well as any other tips, tricks, mod advice and every little bit of knowledge I can garner from you good folks, thank you and may God bless you all:)

Offline DenStinett

• HALT, Who goes there?
Re: Greeting from Canada:)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 09:28:13 PM »
Welcome to the Forum from Northern Utah
Seems to me, CZ made a few of their 75 Massada(s) with the Star of David rolled into the Slide
Looked, but all I can find are pics of the ones with the Menorah
Maybe they were the Tanfoglio Mossad I'm thinking about
They DO have the Star
Anyway .... enjoy the Forum and your CZs
So tell me again how Trump will be worse then the 8 years before HIM !

Offline azlefty

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 10:04:09 PM »
Welcome from Arizona!

Offline Trh9905

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »
Hello and  welcome to this forum from central MI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Jericho77

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 06:23:31 PM »
Thank you very much guys!

I'm actually having a hard time figuring out what parts will fit the imi Jericho, so far it looks like a few of the springs from my cz75b are a match but it's hard to find much on the old girl, I found a post regarding a da/sa conversion but I cant seem to find it now, would love to ask the guy who mentioned it what trigger and disconnect he used to achieve it though...

Offline elongobardi

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2020, 09:36:23 PM »
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline czsuby

« Reply #6 on: Today at 12:36:28 PM »
Welcome from South Carolina.

anything