Author Topic: CGW Finishes  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Rdneck

CGW Finishes
« on: January 13, 2021, 05:45:57 PM »
I have an Urban Gray Shadow 2 that I plan to send to CGW for their Pro Package.  I like two tone guns, but I'm not crazy about the Urban Gray color so I thought I'd get the frame refinished while it's there.  I've seen a S2 with a tungsten frame that I thought looked really good, but I don't think I want cerakote. I would prefer something more durable.  I was thinking either matte or brushed hard chrome or the NP3+ finish.  Any suggestions/advice?  Pics would be awesome.  Thanks in advance.
I had rather be hated for what I am
than loved for what I'm not.

Offline Tok36

Re: CGW Finishes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 06:09:02 PM »
   I suggest doing a web search on "hard chrome CZ" and look at the pictures. There are many examples. The best looking one that i have seen was hard chrome with polished flats and brushed curves. To my knowledge CGW can do this through one of their partners.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 02:01:33 PM »
I had CGW hard chrome my PCR when it was there for the pro pkg. Very happy

Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline Philipl

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 07:34:11 AM »
Hard chrome

Offline combatpanda

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 02:15:36 PM »
Same situation - I had Cajun redo my frame in Black Nitride with the request that if the frame had a lot of pin marks that they would just hard chrome - I was lucky and it wasn’t needed.

Whoever they partner with did a great job and it came back looking pretty amazing. Their black nitride is a tiny bit darker than the factories but I’m a fan!

Offline jpeto

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 05:31:21 PM »
Same situation - I had Cajun redo my frame in Black Nitride with the request that if the frame had a lot of pin marks that they would just hard chrome - I was lucky and it wasn’t needed.

Whoever they partner with did a great job and it came back looking pretty amazing. Their black nitride is a tiny bit darker than the factories but I’m a fan!
Can you show use a picture of it? I’m thinking about nitride for my slide and frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BillG56

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 03:05:07 AM »
@Tanners Owner, your hard chromed PCR looks very very nice.  If I may, how much did CGW charge for it?

Bill

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 09:58:58 AM »
@Tanners Owner, your hard chromed PCR looks very very nice.  If I may, how much did CGW charge for it?

Bill

Bill, has been a while, so don’t recall off the top of my head. I seem to recall between ~ 350-450, but has been a while. If I can find the receipt next time I go to the attic where my gun boxes are at I’ll try and get it and report back.

Keep in mind, that included the full disassembly, that many refinished charge for.

You can also call CGW and ask
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes