Author Topic: 507k-x2 for P-10s  (Read 2122 times)

Offline Kench

507k-x2 for P-10s
« on: January 30, 2021, 09:49:36 PM »
I just bought a 507k-x2 for my P-10s. Looking for a plate that will fit that footprint and everyone says it's the RMSC one. Does anyone know if this https://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-p-10-shadow-2-optic-plate-adapter-for-deltapoint-pro-shield-rms/ will work?

Offline Dred

Re: 507k-x2 for P-10s
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 12:01:56 AM »
No.  That plate has recoil lugs front and rear.  The 507k only uses shallow recoil lugs on the front.  It is possible to grind down those rear posts and shorten the fronts to fit a 507k to that plate.

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X90F using Tapatalk

Offline Kench

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 01:34:31 AM »
Is there a plate that will work without having to modify it?

Offline Duke Nukem

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 10:01:48 AM »
I didn't find a plate for the 507k, I filed off the rear lugs and shortened the front ones.  It was quick and easy.

Offline Kench

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 11:17:38 AM »
I didn't find a plate for the 507k, I filed off the rear lugs and shortened the front ones.  It was quick and easy.

What plate did you use then, and what did you use to file them down? A dremel?

Offline Dred

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 12:51:23 PM »
Here is the skinny.  The Holosun 507k is "waterPROOF".  They could not accomodate the RMSC rear lugs or complete front lugs AND remain waterproof.

Hopefully soon: plates in the 507k pattern which will secure the 507k and RMSC and ...

Mine is not installed on a plate; had my slide milled.  Note that mine isn't installed on a CZ which is why I am only responding to "template" issues.

The following link (scroll down to Shield Standard and Modification of Shield Standard) give technical specs:

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

Offline Duke Nukem

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 01:25:01 PM »

I used a plate for a DeltaPoint Pro.  I used a fine mill file and worked carefully, especially for the front posts.  I had my calipers at hand  and checked the fit frequently.  The metal was pretty soft, I think you'd get in trouble with a dremel very quickly.

Offline Kench

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 02:45:54 PM »
Here is the skinny.  The Holosun 507k is "waterPROOF".  They could not accomodate the RMSC rear lugs or complete front lugs AND remain waterproof.

Hopefully soon: plates in the 507k pattern which will secure the 507k and RMSC and ...

Mine is not installed on a plate; had my slide milled.  Note that mine isn't installed on a CZ which is why I am only responding to "template" issues.

The following link (scroll down to Shield Standard and Modification of Shield Standard) give technical specs:

https://optics-info.com/footprints-on-red-dot-sights/

Thank you, I should have done a bit more research before ordering. Figured it would be much easier than it is to get a 507k on a P-10s.

I used a plate for a DeltaPoint Pro.  I used a fine mill file and worked carefully, especially for the front posts.  I had my calipers at hand  and checked the fit frequently.  The metal was pretty soft, I think you'd get in trouble with a dremel very quickly.

Do you mind linking me to the one you used?

Offline Duke Nukem

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 04:43:35 PM »
My pistol wasn't optic ready, so I used a dovetail mount from EGW.  Now that I've tried it, I should have saved my money for slide milling, this works fine but it sits higher than it needs to.

I really like the Holosun, though!

Offline Kench

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 08:37:58 AM »
My pistol wasn't optic ready, so I used a dovetail mount from EGW.  Now that I've tried it, I should have saved my money for slide milling, this works fine but it sits higher than it needs to.

I really like the Holosun, though!

I gotcha. I got a good deal on it so I'm not mad about it but hate the fact it's kind of a pain in the ass compared to what I thought the OR model would be.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 07:41:13 AM »
CZ Custom lists a plate now for the 507k and an optics ready P-10 slide.  I think it is a PT-9.  My original PT-2 plate fits the 507C and 507c-x2 just fine, but I moved that sight to my P-10F, and ordered the 507k-x2 and PT-9 plate for my P-10S.  Should be here next week and out to the range for zero and maybe 100 yard session by Thursday.  Looking forward to the narrower sight on the P-10S.
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR