Author Topic: CZ Deer Hunting Rifle in 2.43.  (Read 4043 times)

Offline emcitent

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
CZ Deer Hunting Rifle in 2.43.
« on: February 06, 2021, 09:46:42 AM »
Hi All,

Relatively new, and was just on "Curio/Relic" discussion group learning about my CZ45. Everyone so helpful and knowledgeable I thought I'd come here to find the perfect Deer Hunting Rifle in 2.43. I'm a Winchester 30-30 Lever Action guy, Trapper model as I walk a lot through the bush. But need a deer round that will reach a little further for my new hunting style; "Getting older & staying in a Ground Blind!!!"  May use the tree stand a bit longer, so may need out to 150 or so yards!

I did one Google search and found this:  https://cz-usa.com/chambering/243-win/  (A great selection!!!)

But now I'd like to learn a bit more. I'd buy the CZ 550 FS simply because of looks, but I know I'll really appreciate lighter!!! So, what do I need to consider?

Thank you in advance.  Jim.
Jim - Salutem Primum!
(Hair same as BW. :)

Online crosstimbers

Re: CZ Deer Hunting Rifle in 2.43.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 11:28:30 AM »
Have you considered a CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel? It wont have the range of .243 but will be lighter than a 557 or 550
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 12:25:10 PM »
+1 on the 6.5 Grendel.  Disagree on range limitation, it should be good out to 400 yds due  to better ballistic coefficient.  Good luck on your choice. 

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 09:51:10 PM »
Similarly getting older, I'm really loving my Savage Light Weight Hunter with only a 20" barrel in 6.5mm Creedmoor!  Handy in a box blind, LIGHT WEIGHT and easy to hit the gong at 350 yards.

Although the Creedmoor was born in long range target game, there are plenty of hunting appropriate bullets to choose from (much more so than what I was leaning towards in 7mm-08).