Author Topic: New member, just purchased a Bren S1  (Read 1020 times)

Offline FrankTheTank

New member, just purchased a Bren S1
« on: March 23, 2021, 12:59:20 AM »
Thanks for the add guys, Couple questions on this S1 carbine I just picked up. I see aftermarket support is all but dead for this platform. Will CZ be able to service the rifle for years to come or are they going to abandon service on them? I doubt I’ll reach a significant round count on it or destroy it though. If anyone has a lead on the following, I’m looking for a ACR stock, and a 11” barrel assembly.

Offline rbuzz00

Re: New member, just purchased a Bren S1
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 12:15:45 PM »
CZ hasn't really been great at maintaining support for their products but I still have hope that they will improve. That doesn't help anyone right  now though.

If you're looking for the ACR folding stock, check here. I've purchased from them and they are good to go.
https://kineticdg.com/product/magpul-acr-folding-stock-assembly-black/

As far as the 11" barrel assembly, good luck with that.

Offline FrankTheTank

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 09:06:22 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Phaedrus/69

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 03:24:40 AM »
Welcome! That's the $64,000 question.  I have a Bren 805 rifle and it's my all time favorite long gun!  A couple days ago I ordered the Magpul ACR stock and Haga adapter.  Will I be able to service it if necessary down the road or is it a white elephant?  Can't say I'm afraid.  I've gone back and forth over whether to keep it or sell it, but at least for now I'm keeping it.  I just love it too much to part with.  Hopefully it doesn't break and irreplaceable part and become a boat anchor or wall hanger down the road.

Offline the war wagon

• Mafioso of the Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 07:44:44 PM »
I love mine - hadn't planned on getting rid of it, but I AM looking at adding an MS2... probably after Trump wins a third term, however...
- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -