Author Topic: Shadow 2 safety  (Read 1689 times)

Offline Lock-n-load

Shadow 2 safety
« on: May 02, 2021, 10:16:22 AM »
Do you prefer the flush safety on your shadow 2 or the extended with thumb on top?
Flush feels more comfortable to me ,but are you gaining anything with the bigger one?

Offline timmy75

Re: Shadow 2 safety
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 03:30:01 PM »
I like flat slide stop and safety. Extended safety and ext slide stop disturb my grip.

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 09:52:25 PM »
I like the flats, but I never use the thumb safety.  Shooting DA/SA as far as I am concerned the safeties don’t even need to be there. 

Offline JBruns

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 07:52:43 AM »
I like the flats, but I never use the thumb safety.  Shooting DA/SA as far as I am concerned the safeties don’t even need to be there.
Exactly my feelings on it too. My S2 Orange came with the extended safety. I bought a flat one. I never use it, but I still prefer it.

Offline George16

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 08:57:07 AM »
I put the extended safety that came with my shadow 2 on my Czechmate.

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 08:33:06 PM »
Agree to shooting DA/SA but use the safety as a thumb rest.  Fits my grip perfectly.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 10:51:26 PM »
I'm running the shadow 2 extended safeties on my TSO's.  I moved from the CZC extended safeties due to interference with my grip.

I really like the shelf for my thumb on the competition guns.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This forum rocks!

Offline porkster

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 08:52:13 PM »
I can't stand the extended safety, it feels like it gets in the way of getting to the slide stop.

I have the S2O, not sure why they didn't include both the flat and the extended.

Tried buying the flat safety on Cesar shop and it's stuck at the Chicago sorting facility.

Offline George16

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 10:24:16 PM »
I can't stand the extended safety, it feels like it gets in the way of getting to the slide stop.

I have the S2O, not sure why they didn't include both the flat and the extended.

Tried buying the flat safety on Cesar shop and it's stuck at the Chicago sorting facility.

Yeah. I was surprised to find out the S2O didn’t come with both extended and flat safeties. My regular shadow 2 came with both.

Offline Sigint2651

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2021, 03:17:00 PM »
I find that I like the extended for a couple of reasons. 

I like to rest the right thumb on it when firing, and I also found that if the safety is even a tiny little bit
engaged, it is on.  Resting the thumb on top the extended safety ensures that it is totally off and it
makes my grip a bit more stable, for me.

Offline jmohme

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2021, 07:24:19 AM »
I installed the extended safety on my S2. I have not decided yet if I prefer it or not.

Offline Luvdog

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2021, 07:26:09 AM »
I like the extended safety on my S2s. I’m pretty sure They stopped shipping all new ones with both.

Offline dbarn

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 09:13:57 PM »
I want the highest grip possible and tend to "pinch up" with my grip causing my thumb to extend upwards. Therefore I want the least unobtrusive, non interfering safety device known to man. Make mine thin.  :)

Offline pedropcola

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 10:14:54 AM »
I like using the extended version as a thumb ledge. That being said, it makes manipulation of slide release impossible. So since I never shoot cocked and locked I ended up switching back to the flush version and overall it works much better for me.

anything