Author Topic: 97 E bushing conversion  (Read 2461 times)

Offline aasbra

97 E bushing conversion
« on: May 08, 2021, 10:49:09 AM »
Put my name on the list for the 97 E bushing conversion, and got the email a couple days ago my turn has come up.  Was hoping to ship it out today, but forgot to call and verify if they want only the slide, or slide and barrel for the job?  It’s Saturday, so I believe they are closed.  Anyone here who has done the conversion know?  Otherwise, I can call them on Monday. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Joe L

Re: 97 E bushing conversion
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 10:54:02 AM »
Put my name on the list for the 97 E bushing conversion, and got the email a couple days ago my turn has come up.  Was hoping to ship it out today, but forgot to call and verify if they want only the slide, or slide and barrel for the job?  It’s Saturday, so I believe they are closed.  Anyone here who has done the conversion know?  Otherwise, I can call them on Monday. Thanks!

I don't know for sure, but I would send the barrel and the slide.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline aasbra

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »
Thanks Joe, that was my inclination, but I wasn’t sure if they fit the barrel to the new bushing.  I don’t know how much variation in OD there is for the barrels (mine is the original barrel), and whether honing the ID of the barrel bushing is needed to mate up to their newly installed bushing.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 11:36:56 PM »
Yes, send the slide and barrel. The bushing will be fitted to both and they also re-crown the barrel. At least this is how it was done when I sent mine a few years ago.

Offline aasbra

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 05:31:24 PM »
Thank you both for responding.  Looking forward to getting the bushing done to compliment the other CGW parts on the 97.

Offline Ohmslaw

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 07:18:23 AM »
They did mine few months ago great job. Yes send barrel and slide. You will like it
Good luck
Ohmslaw

Offline jdgray

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2021, 07:43:16 AM »
I sent in my slide only, because that's what it said to do, absolutely perfect fit! Either way, I think you will be just fine:)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 08:41:57 AM »
I sent in my slide only, because that's what it said to do, absolutely perfect fit! Either way, I think you will be just fine:)
That's interesting,  considering that re-crowning the barrel is part of the package.

Offline aasbra

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2021, 03:36:35 PM »
Got the barrel and slide back a few days ago.  Everything looks great, looking forward to a range trip.  Nice crown on the barrel, and the bushing install and their machine work was first class.

Offline jdgray

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 09:37:01 PM »
That's interesting,  considering that re-crowning the barrel is part of the package.

It didn't say to send the barrel on the site. Now I didn't do the E-bushing package for +$600, just the bushing conversion.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 09:51:15 PM »

It didn't say to send the barrel on the site. Now I didn't do the E-bushing package for +$600, just the bushing conversion.
Maybe they've changed the offering since I had mine done a couple years ago. It isn't really necessary anyway, unless your barrel crown is damaged.

Offline Vinnie45acp

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2021, 02:28:02 PM »
I highly recommend the Bushing package, it really made the grouping of the 97 super tight at all distances,. gun shoots super smooth and accurate, it was part of a pro package done by CGW.