Author Topic: P09 decocker not working  (Read 964 times)

Offline drdirk

P09 decocker not working
« on: July 11, 2021, 05:32:11 PM »
New user here and hope someone can help. I was helping a friend who bought a used P09 with the safety installed. I ordered a decocker for him from CGW and after watching lots of videos installed it. All went well and the little spring is in place and it moves down like a decocker should. Except.... it does NOT decock the handgun. It just seems to be there like a useless lever going down and back up. Any ideas or suggestions on what I did wrong. I know this is not easy but I wonder if somehow a part was taken out by the previous owner. I put the safety back in and it works fine and as expected.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Offline drdirk

Re: P09 decocker not working
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2021, 06:54:37 PM »
To add to my original post: I think I may have found what is going on. The decocker does not release the hammer when installed. It appears that there is a gap on the factory replacement part that does not engage the sear. I have been trying to compare to decocker photos on the internet but not 100% sure. Can someone look at my decocker and see if it looks the same as your? If you look at handle, then ward look at the think part. Then there is a GAP between the ring that holds the little spring and the thicker part? Is that supposed to be there? If the ring that holds the spring was further to the right ( towards lever) it would engage is my thought.

I have a photo that may help but cant figure out if or how I can upload.

Thanks for any help.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/xf9GwNq" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/xf9GwNq"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:16:50 PM by drdirk »

Offline CZ Trucker

• "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery"
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2021, 07:18:22 PM »
Here's a P07 decocker I installed from Cajun if it helps. I bought the pistol new and it only came with a safety.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Offline drdirk

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2021, 07:26:22 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/xf9GwNq

Thank you. Mine is definitely wrong then. I wish I could post photos but I cant figure out how. Your photo helped. Mine does not look like that and has a gap where it is supposed to engage the sear! I will call Cajun tomorrow to see if they can exchange it. The above link is what my decocker looks like. Don't think that gap should be there. Seems like bad luck, first time in my life I am working on a CZ and I end up with a bad part from the factory!

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:33:15 PM by drdirk »

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2021, 08:23:52 PM »
These might help.  P-09 disassembly/assembly videos
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7GbOFIiTV0zywDb1XrQ2FMDvFsgCtXkF
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Tok36

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2021, 08:45:34 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/xf9GwNq

Thank you. Mine is definitely wrong then. I wish I could post photos but I cant figure out how. Your photo helped. Mine does not look like that and has a gap where it is supposed to engage the sear! I will call Cajun tomorrow to see if they can exchange it. The above link is what my decocker looks like. Don't think that gap should be there. Seems like bad luck, first time in my life I am working on a CZ and I end up with a bad part from the factory!

The collar that catches the spring leg moves, it is not fixed in place. Slide the collar over so that it takes up the gap.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline drdirk

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »

The collar that catches the spring leg moves, it is not fixed in place. Slide the collar over so that it takes up the gap.
[/quote]

Thanks, that is also what CGW guy told me where I bought the part. At first it would not budge but then I used a small punch and I was able to tap it back to where it belongs. CGW guy said it should not have been like that but that's how it came from factory.

So, thanks guys, I now fixed it. Just hope the piece does not work itself loose again.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 04:41:25 PM »
Glad to hear that you got it fixed. Thank you for the followup, we all learn from this stuff.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2021, 02:47:27 AM »
I have never had a problem with that part coming loose on the de-cockers of my P-07's and originally thought it was all one solid piece, but then I saw it was a separate part that can be purchased from the CZ-USA website.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/decocking-lever-cam-p-07-p-09545100000030.html

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 06:51:51 AM »
Is my memory failing (more than usual) or wasn't there a thread here awhile back about someone having that collar crack on a decocking lever/shaft?

Something was cracked (maybe it's me??)
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2021, 01:21:08 AM »
I don't remember exactly who, where, when, or what the circumstances were, but seems like I recall seeing an image of one of those parts cracked in half, probably on this sub-forum in the past year or two.  Seems like somebody made a comment about the owner being unlucky with getting a bad MIM part.

anything