Author Topic: Scorpion Micro Questions  (Read 4963 times)

Offline a1madrid

Scorpion Micro Questions
« on: August 15, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
Hey everyone I’m new here. I am thinking of buying a Scorpion Micro as my first sub gun pistol. I have two basic questions to people who have run these. 1 Where can I find the original iron sights that are lower profile and fixed that CZ used to sell with these and 2. Do you guys like to run the folding SB Tactical brace or the collapsing PDW type brace by SB Tactical? I like the profile of the collapsing PDW brace on these but I like the cheek weld I see people have with the folding SB Brace. The main reason I want the fixed lower profile irons CZ used to sell with these is to also run an Aimpoint directly on the rail instead of on a riser so that when I shoulder the brace the cheek weld isn’t so much of a chin weld like I see on a lot of people that run the PDW type brace. The ability to get a good cheek weld is important but I do like the profile of the PDW brace by SB tactical. I’ve been a fan of the micro ever since they dropped it I think I’m gonna buy one I just need help with these 2 questions and any held is greatly appreciated thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Das Hugh!

Re: Scorpion Micro Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 09:34:54 PM »
I like the look and compactness of the PDW slide stock also. Never tried it tho. But you're gonna have a hard time finding those sights. They're a collector item now. I sold my scorpion but kept the sights lol. I have them on my MPX now. But if u don't like the look of the new replacement evo sights. Go and check out the Evike dual profile sights. I've been looking at them online and they're a neat idea. They're like mp7 sights.. in the way they can be used while folded down to shoot. And when popped up. Pretty neat idea. I'm just waiting for a more quality looking version to come around. Or some aftermarket mp7 sights. I'm unfamiliar with the scope u mentioned but those may work for what u described maybe.  I had a 1913 adapter on my scorp tho. And loved it cause to adjust check weld I'd simply adjust the stock up or down. As far as the stock I ran the SIG Rattler stock on mine. I liked it's look better than the sb tactical version. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline alp3367

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »
 The older style sliding brace was nicer in how compact it became, but the newer folding style is more functional. The newer one is quite a bit more durable.

Those sights are on the CZ-USA web store. Currently it looks like only the rear is in stock, but you can do the "notify me when available" thing on the front.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 08:43:46 AM »
The older style sliding brace was nicer in how compact it became, but the newer folding style is more functional. The newer one is quite a bit more durable.

Those sights are on the CZ-USA web store. Currently it looks like only the rear is in stock, but you can do the "notify me when available" thing on the front.
Do you feel like the older style sliding PDW brace was still able to get a decent enough cheek weld with mounting an optic directly to the rail without a riser? That’s why I want those sights that are lower, to have the optic and the sights as low to the rail as possible for the best possible cheek weld for me.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 08:59:26 AM »

I feel like I like the compactness of the sliding PDW type brace with the older lower profile CZ sights with an Aimpoint mounted directly to the rail as shown in the first picture.

I do feel like I would like the cheek weld on this SB folding brace with traditional flip up irons and an optic on a riser though. I just don’t like the difference it adds to the overall compactness of the setup.

Offline Northern

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 10:06:30 AM »
Take a look at Troy micro flip up sights. Might suit your needs, currently more available than the CZ OEM sights.
I used standard Magpul flip up sights with a Holosun red dot on my scorpion, along with an SB1913 brace (looking to replace with stock now that it’s SBR’d). Cheek weld has never been an issue. Consider that if you get a folding brace that attaches to a 1913 tailpiece adapter, you can mount the brace higher on the 1913 to help with cheek weld height.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 11:25:09 AM »
Take a look at Troy micro flip up sights. Might suit your needs, currently more available than the CZ OEM sights.
I used standard Magpul flip up sights with a Holosun red dot on my scorpion, along with an SB1913 brace (looking to replace with stock now that it’s SBR’d). Cheek weld has never been an issue. Consider that if you get a folding brace that attaches to a 1913 tailpiece adapter, you can mount the brace higher on the 1913 to help with cheek weld height.
Do you know if those Troy micro flip up sights will co-witness with an Aimpoint?

Offline Northern

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 03:07:28 PM »
You have to find out what the relative heights are. I’m not familiar with Aimpoint’s line of red dots and whether various mount heights are available. You’ll also want to decide whether you want absolute co-witness or lower 1/3.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2021, 03:09:57 PM »
I was thinking about that and I was honestly okay with either just as long as I get a cowitness I just really like the low profile of the original CZ sights I will look at the Troys. It’s for the cheek weld specifically if I go with the PDW brace but my gut is telling me that with the folding brace is just the more shootable gun.

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2021, 05:33:39 PM »
When I bought my Micro it came with the collapsible brace and I just could not get a repeatable cheek or chin weld. I have a Holosun reddot sight mounted with the lowest base which allows the reddot and the old style factory sights to absolutely co-wittness. I already owned a Scorpion with the SB Tactical folding brace (also with the same reddot sight and factory sight setup) and when I put the SB Folding brace on the Micro, it made it sooooo much more shootable and comfortable. The Micro with the folding brace does lose a few of it's cool points compared to the sliding brace but I care more about functionality.
Honor - Doing what's right, even if no one is watching.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2021, 05:52:23 PM »
When I bought my Micro it came with the collapsible brace and I just could not get a repeatable cheek or chin weld. I have a Holosun reddot sight mounted with the lowest base which allows the reddot and the old style factory sights to absolutely co-wittness. I already owned a Scorpion with the SB Tactical folding brace (also with the same reddot sight and factory sight setup) and when I put the SB Folding brace on the Micro, it made it sooooo much more shootable and comfortable. The Micro with the folding brace does lose a few of it's cool points compared to the sliding brace but I care more about functionality.
Thank you this what I needed to hear. Do you feel like with the folder (since it provides a better cheek weld) I would be okay with full size flip up irons and an Aimpoint on a absolute cowitness riser? And not have a “chin weld” and more of a true cheek weld?

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2021, 06:27:25 PM »
From what I've read here, the currently supplied MagPul sights sit much higher than the original factory sights. Not sure what height mount you would need to absolute co-witness or even lower 1/3rd. I do know the SB Tactical Folding Brace worked for me. It will be different for everyone depending on what you are used to, your body build, your position behind the firearm and stance.
Honor - Doing what's right, even if no one is watching.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2021, 07:03:49 PM »
From what I've read here, the currently supplied MagPul sights sit much higher than the original factory sights. Not sure what height mount you would need to absolute co-witness or even lower 1/3rd. I do know the SB Tactical Folding Brace worked for me. It will be different for everyone depending on what you are used to, your body build, your position behind the firearm and stance.
I know for a fact the Magpul MBUS flip ups are an absolute cowitness I run them cowitnessed to my primary arms red dot and that is on an absolute cowitness mount. Good information man thank you.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2021, 07:30:34 PM »
And BTW. They sell adapters/risers like this one I just ordered for my sig romeo zero red dot.. Can't recall what other brand optics it shares the same footprint with.. but yeah if ya can find one of these styles to match the red dot you're in the market for, it should stack up to fit whatever size irons or stock u choose in several combinations. This one was cheap for the plastic version. I spent a bit more and bought the aluminum version cause it will be more rugged and was in stock already. The plastic ones are sold out. Haven't received it yet. But should let me pick and choose the amount of spacers I want to run with. So I'll be able to slap it one whatever rifle no matter what stock or sights I have on it atm. Cheap version is like 30 bucks. May be worth a check if your uncertain. I chose it even tho I likely won't need the spacers just for the fact it was the same price as or cheaper than the other brands price for a picrail adapter alone. Tomorrow I may have it and can share how it turns out if interested. I'll have it on a MPX with CZ irons

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2021, 07:41:45 PM »
And BTW. They sell adapters/risers like this one I just ordered for my sig romeo zero red dot.. Can't recall what other brand optics it shares the same footprint with.. but yeah if ya can find one of these styles to match the red dot you're in the market for, it should stack up to fit whatever size irons or stock u choose in several combinations. This one was cheap for the plastic version. I spent a bit more and bought the aluminum version cause it will be more rugged and was in stock already. The plastic ones are sold out. Haven't received it yet. But should let me pick and choose the amount of spacers I want to run with. So I'll be able to slap it one whatever rifle no matter what stock or sights I have on it atm. Cheap version is like 30 bucks. May be worth a check if your uncertain. I chose it even tho I likely won't need the spacers just for the fact it was the same price as or cheaper than the other brands price for a picrail adapter alone. Tomorrow I may have it and can share how it turns out if interested. I'll have it on a MPX with CZ irons

Sounds good thank you man!

anything