Author Topic: Scorpion Micro Questions  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Das Hugh!

Re: Scorpion Micro Questions
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 07:56:35 PM »
And BTW. They sell adapters/risers like this one I just ordered for my sig romeo zero red dot.. Can't recall what other brand optics it shares the same footprint with.. but yeah if ya can find one of these styles to match the red dot you're in the market for, it should stack up to fit whatever size irons or stock u choose in several combinations. This one was cheap for the plastic version. I spent a bit more and bought the aluminum version cause it will be more rugged and was in stock already. The plastic ones are sold out. Haven't received it yet. But should let me pick and choose the amount of spacers I want to run with. So I'll be able to slap it one whatever rifle no matter what stock or sights I have on it atm. Cheap version is like 30 bucks. May be worth a check if your uncertain. I chose it even tho I likely won't need the spacers just for the fact it was the same price as or cheaper than the other brands price for a picrail adapter alone. Tomorrow I may have it and can share how it turns out if interested. I'll have it on a MPX with CZ irons

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Sounds good thank you man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anytime I'll send a photo soon as I install it for ya

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 05:36:08 PM »
Ok. Just slapped it all together.  And I've achieved a perfect cowitness with the romeo zero and just the bottom/lower part of the kit I bought. I'll keep the two spacers it came with for other projects. Anyways. I'll also show ya what I was using prior. It was a eotech sitting on top of a cheap.. either 1 or a 3/4 inch look thru riser I bought from academy. It let me see the cz irons well enough. But had tunnel vision if I did and couldn't see much thru the pipe like corridor or whatever ya call it lol. Plus it made the eotech seem like it was way up on a high chair. And if I just used the eotech by itself it blocked the irons. Anyways just installed this and have to say I'm pretty glad I went this route. Looks slick too compared to before. And so much tinier.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2021, 02:30:18 AM »
Okay guys long story short I ended up getting the micro with the folding SB brace and the Magpul flip up sights. I am going to cowitness these with an Eotech Exps3. Only problem that I’m having is getting the dang brace on the Scorpion itself. This thing is stupid stupid tight. Like I might have to beat it with a rubber mallet tight. Has anyone had this experience with theirs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Trooper894

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 09:51:26 AM »
They all are stupid tight at first. Add a little lube with a swab to all the tongue and groove surfaces on both the receiver and the brace. DON'T FORGET to STOP when you get down to the detent button, DEPRESS the button and then resume whacking it on. (Voice of experience here) I use a medium sized dead blow hammer. They do get easier once they have been off and on a couple times.
Honor - Doing what's right, even if no one is watching.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 10:01:01 AM »
They all are stupid tight at first. Add a little lube with a swab to all the tongue and groove surfaces on both the receiver and the brace. DON'T FORGET to STOP when you get down to the detent button, DEPRESS the button and then resume whacking it on. (Voice of experience here) I use a medium sized dead blow hammer. They do get easier once they have been off and on a couple times.
So having to beat it with a mallet is something that is normal? I’ve heard of people putting lube on the sides or where the grooves are I may try that and give it a whacking with a mallet.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2021, 10:26:35 AM »
I tried magpul flip sights and I personally hated them.  It gave an awkward cheek weld and was too high for how I had the gun set up.  Mine has a folding rear AR style buffer tube/brace. 

I also removed the eotech and put a compact bushnell trs25 red dot and the factory irons back on the gun. 

In having used folding and collapsing stocks on uzi's and mp5's, I can also say that I'm not a very big fan of either.  The thin rail eventually feels like a sawblade on your cheek after you shoot enough.  They're cool to look at, and are handy in how compact they are, but after you spend a lot of time behind the gun and put a lot of rounds downrange, doesn't take very long for opinions to change.
It gives more of a cheek weld than a collapsing PDW type stock does though and at subgun distances it will get the job done.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2021, 11:05:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm not a fan of thin rails sliding back and forth on my cheek every time you pull the trigger and it's even worse in long strings of fire. 

As the grinch once said:

hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, LOATHE them.
The PDW brace has a cool look to it but the folder by SB tactical is more practical for cheek weld.

Offline Northern

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 09:40:23 AM »
I like my SB1913 brace enough that even though my Scorpion is now SBRed I’m still using the brace — just haven’t yet found a stock I like as much as this brace. (Paired with magpul flip up sights and Holosun 503cu on high mount).

Offline Chris279

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2021, 11:57:06 AM »
Hey everyone I’m new here. I am thinking of buying a Scorpion Micro as my first sub gun pistol. I have two basic questions to people who have run these. 1 Where can I find the original iron sights that are lower profile and fixed that CZ used to sell with these and 2. Do you guys like to run the folding SB Tactical brace or the collapsing PDW type brace by SB Tactical? I like the profile of the collapsing PDW brace on these but I like the cheek weld I see people have with the folding SB Brace. The main reason I want the fixed lower profile irons CZ used to sell with these is to also run an Aimpoint directly on the rail instead of on a riser so that when I shoulder the brace the cheek weld isn’t so much of a chin weld like I see on a lot of people that run the PDW type brace. The ability to get a good cheek weld is important but I do like the profile of the PDW brace by SB tactical. I’ve been a fan of the micro ever since they dropped it I think I’m gonna buy one I just need help with these 2 questions and any held is greatly appreciated thank you.

I have both braces. I bought my scorpion as an s1 and converted to an s2. I like both braces and can say I don’t think you’d be unhappy with either. IMO the micro needs the collapsible one while the 7” feels nice with the folder. Here’s one issue I found though. The aftermarket slider version is a 3 position while the one included from CZ is the 2 position. I was trying to get a 2 position as I find the middle position useless and counterproductive as you can’t just pull the brace out, you need to depress the button to get it to its useful length. SB tactical was really nice and even offered to swap my brace but unfortunately they no longer make the one for CZ and had no more in stock. They definitely put an effort in for me though. So, I’d suggest getting the micro with the sliding brace if you can because it’s not something you can get later. At least that’s what I’m told

Offline cz75sg

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2021, 05:11:56 PM »
I purchased one of the 3 position sliding braces and it was wonky AF.  it wasn't square and if I used it, the right side slider would have eventually scarred up the side and the SN plate as well.    Sent it right back.  The push button to extend was a total PITA.

Offline Chris279

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2021, 08:03:42 PM »
The SB with the Manticore adapter was twisted? Wow, that sucks. I can tell you that mine is very straight and both sides slide smooth and close without contact. The button has a bit of a heavy spring but it doesn’t bind and has a positive feel. I’m very particular and have zero issue calling out junk, especially at that price point. I think you received a used and abused one or it was made on Friday afternoon or something.

Offline WardenAKFiles

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »
I got micro and tried to keep it as micro as possible. Bulky braces a no go. From previous experiences with retractable braces I knew all about shaking. Went with A3 brace.
Bulky RDS a no go, went with rmr. HK style folding iron sights.
Strike Industries Selector Switch is in mail. Looking forward getting drop in trigger assembly.

Offline Chris279

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2021, 10:16:30 AM »
Very nice setup. The lines of that brace look real good. I switched from a folder because, for my purposes, the extra width when folded is more of a problem while the extra inch or so in length is not. I’m currently mulling the idea of a short, fat, asymmetrical suppressor instead of my 7”x1.5” one so I can keep it attached when stowed. At that point Your setup may be best for me.
     I haven’t settled on an optic yet. I’ve tried several and the larger ones make it easier to stay on task with rapid binary fire and the height has no bearing because of where I keep mine. I’ve tried 1x and 3x at length and can’t decide. They do different things well.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2021, 03:35:08 PM »
I got micro and tried to keep it as micro as possible. Bulky braces a no go. From previous experiences with retractable braces I knew all about shaking. Went with A3 brace.
Bulky RDS a no go, went with rmr. HK style folding iron sights.
Strike Industries Selector Switch is in mail. Looking forward getting drop in trigger assembly.

Very nice setup. I agree on the small red dot too. And I think the A3 brace is one of the best looking out there now. May get a few myself soon. Are those sights dual profile? Been waiting for someone to make a set that can be used closed and folded up that aren't plastic

Offline WardenAKFiles

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2021, 08:00:03 PM »
Not dual profile but perfect cowitness

anything