Author Topic: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger  (Read 1035 times)

Offline a1madrid

Franklin Armory Binary Trigger
« on: September 14, 2021, 11:01:19 PM »
I’m leaning towards buying a Franklin Armory binary trigger for my Scorpion Micro. What I’m wondering is if the Franklin Armory is compatible with the spring kit sold by HB Industries to lighten the trigger pull? I’ve looked around on the internet and some people have said that Franklin Armory uses OEM CZ parts in their binary trigger so would this be an issue? The purpose of my Scorpion isn’t to just be a range toy and shooting mag dumps on binary, I want to feel a quality trigger pull when not on binary as well. Does anyone know if the HB Industries spring kit is compatible with the Franklin Armory trigger kit? And if so, how effective is it at reducing trigger pull weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Northern

Re: Franklin Armory Binary Trigger
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 06:19:27 AM »
Where did you see that the Franklin trigger contains OEM CZ parts?

The HBI kit brings the stock Scorpion trigger down to something like 5.5 pounds. What is the weight on a Franklin trigger?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 07:20:45 AM by Northern »

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 08:38:23 AM »

The HBI kit brings the stock Scorpion trigger down to something like 5.5 pounds. What is the weight on a Franklin trigger?
A few other forums on the internet when I searched this topic said that. I have no clue what the Franklin pulls at that’s why I was curious about if the HBI springs would lighten it up too. I want it to be a clean trigger pull not just a binary range toy.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 08:52:02 AM »

Here are the articles I saw on this topic. Both guys claim the Franklin Armory uses OEM CZ parts and one guy actually used the spring kit from HBI with the Franklin Armory.

Offline Northern

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 11:21:58 AM »
I’ve seen at least one review that says the
Franklin is made in the US, which would mean (if it’s true) that those parts
are not OEM. It’s also not clear to me whether those posts you noted above actually mean they are truly the CZ components or they are saying, in a less precise manner, that they are the same specs as CZ components. It makes a difference where 922r compliance is at issue so I’d like to find a more reliable reference.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 02:49:01 AM »
I’ve seen at least one review that says the
Franklin is made in the US, which would mean (if it’s true) that those parts
are not OEM. It’s also not clear to me whether those posts you noted above actually mean they are truly the CZ components or they are saying, in a less precise manner, that they are the same specs as CZ components. It makes a difference where 922r compliance is at issue so I’d like to find a more reliable reference.
If they were made to CZ spec would that mean that the HBI spring may be compatible though? I’m just not sure how they would work with a binary trigger group.

Offline Northern

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 07:47:08 AM »
I heard back from Franklin that they purchase several of the parts from CZ and have no way of knowing if the are US or Czech made. So for my purposes, that puts Franklin on the back burner since I wanted several of the components to count toward 922r compliance.

As far as your spring replacement project goes, Franklin warns against altering their product. There is no way to tell, based on the given information, if the springs in the Franklin are the same specs as CZ because we don’t know which parts are the same as a CZ trigger.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2021, 01:30:40 AM »
I heard back from Franklin that they purchase several of the parts from CZ and have no way of knowing if the are US or Czech made. So for my purposes, that puts Franklin on the back burner since I wanted several of the components to count toward 922r compliance.

As far as your spring replacement project goes, Franklin warns against altering their product. There is no way to tell, based on the given information, if the springs in the Franklin are the same specs as CZ because we don’t know which parts are the same as a CZ trigger.
Could you explain the 922r compliance? Thanks you man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 01:39:31 AM »

This guy on this same CZ forum installed the Franklin Armory with the HBI springs as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2021, 08:10:51 AM »

A few other forums on the internet when I searched this topic said that. I have no clue what the Franklin pulls at that’s why I was curious about if the HBI springs would lighten it up too. I want it to be a clean trigger pull not just a binary range toy.

OP, if you really want a clean/crisp trigger pull, get one from Timney Trigger.  I got one of their first released units and sure is a game-changer for my Evo carbine that I shoot PCC matches with.  The Franklin is cool but even with the HBi spring, it is nowhere near the feel of the Timney.   From a pricing perspective, you'd be better off with a Timney.

Offline Northern

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2021, 11:20:30 AM »
@bravo5two, but where are these Timney triggers even sold? I cannot find them anywhere.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 12:58:07 PM »

OP, if you really want a clean/crisp trigger pull, get one from Timney Trigger.  I got one of their first released units and sure is a game-changer for my Evo carbine that I shoot PCC matches with.  The Franklin is cool but even with the HBi spring, it is nowhere near the feel of the Timney.   From a pricing perspective, you'd be better off with a Timney.
Timney would probably be my choice if I didn’t want to have a binary trigger. Have you personally tried the Franklin Armory with the HBI springs?

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2021, 07:58:09 AM »
@bravo5two, but where are these Timney triggers even sold? I cannot find them anywhere.

You're right, somehow this trigger disappeared from their webpage!   A bit of a search reveals they supposedly had some issues so perhaps went back to the drawing board?  Anyway, I just ran mine this weekend at AZ PCC Championship, all 11 stages in 1 day and just about 400 rds, no problems at all.  So far I've got more than 2500 rds downrange with this Timney.  My CZ Scorpion carbine is the only one in my squad that ran perfectly, all glock and colt derivatives had feeding issues one time or another throughout the day.

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 08:05:53 AM »
[...

[/quote]

[/quote]
Timney would probably be my choice if I didn’t want to have a binary trigger. Have you personally tried the Franklin Armory with the HBI springs?

[/quote]

Yes, I replaced the trigger spring with HBi. It made the pull weight about the same as release.

Offline Chris279

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 11:32:32 AM »
I have the HBI spring in my Franklin binary. It works similar to the way it does in the stock pack. Definitely lighter. If you want a match trigger though, the Franklin binary isn’t it. The Ascalon Arms trigger pack is probably the best trigger feel for the money from what I’ve seen.

anything