Author Topic: Cz micro and the Midwest micro hand guard  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Glockcopp

Cz micro and the Midwest micro hand guard
« on: May 05, 2022, 08:04:11 PM »
Ok the answer might be obvious and I’ve just been staring at this too long. So I picked up the Midwest Industries micro hand guard . I’m wanting to put it on my micro BUT I have a YHM 4135 mini QD muzzle break for my yhm R9 suppressor I want to use. So after I slide the MW HG on how do I tighten the muzzle break ? It’s recessed into the hand guard too far to wrench it .  Screw driver through the flash cuts or ??

Offline Glockcopp

Re: Cz micro and the Midwest micro hand guard
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 08:26:20 PM »
Hand guard will not slide over any muzzle device . It has a rear cap that has the 3 screws in each side . If you remove the 3 screws I’ve read it voids and Warrenty on the MWI product.

Offline LA Scorp

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 11:46:33 AM »
That's a tough one.
If you ever want to change out the hg or barrel, you really can't use any threadlock on it, but then you'll have to keep a screwdriver handy to check after every so many rounds that it's still tight.

Take out screws - void the warranty.
Carefully remove just enough material to allow mount to slip through - possibly affect structural integrity and, by the way void the warranty.

Do you plan to run it really hard to where will it come even a little close to having warranty-required issues?

If not, set it up however you need to and go have fun.

Wish I had as many guns as my husband has tools!

Offline Wharf_Rat

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 11:54:05 AM »
You don't.
Try a direct thread.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 12:11:23 PM »
Muzzle brake, not break.

One slows things down, and the other one destroys things or makes them less useful.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 01:23:53 PM »
Hand guard will not slide over any muzzle device . It has a rear cap that has the 3 screws in each side . If you remove the 3 screws I’ve read it voids and Warrenty on the MWI product.
I voided the warranty after recalling that it fit just fine and I've never needed to warranty a handguard. The screws are Loctite'd in, so make sure the wrench doesn't slip.

anything