Author Topic: Ruger MK II silenced  (Read 161 times)

Offline Classic12

Ruger MK II silenced
« on: June 21, 2022, 04:01:44 PM »
Saw this at the LGS over a year ago. However he told me it wasn’t ready for sale, he had to check function, price it etc.. Somehow I forgot about it, until it popped up on his shelves back in December. He told me my good shooting buddy, whom I introduced him to, reserved it and already paid for it. Bloody hell, talk about betrayal.

Now my buddy didn’t know you needed a special permit for it due to the silencer, and he didn’t want to deal with that, so he finally decided to pass and I bought it for $ 650.

RAID stands for Recherche, assistance, intervention, dissuasion (which I think does not need a translation). It’s an elite tactical unit of the French National Police

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID_(French_police_unit)?wprov=sfti1

I’m pretty sure there’s no real connection to RAID, just a tribute.

I tested it a bit in the backyard, it’s very quiet

Offline bang bang

Re: Ruger MK II silenced
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 07:26:09 PM »
cool.... i always wanted a suppressed version.

Offline newageroman

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:20:10 PM »
ahhh my heart implodes.....

I have a thing for the Ruger MkIIs. They are simply the best of the line. Cant take a MKII apart and put it together, good, go get a mk4 and sell me the "Piece of crap" for half price. You stole that pistola!

For those that don't know the MkIIs have a better trigger, no LCI or mag safety. My tops Ruger is a 10" stainless with Volquartsen gold trigger and bolt. Iron sights. I have a Mk4 scoped 10", Its good but not bond smooth like the MKII.

If you like those, you may want to check out Tandem Kross, as they just released a new 100% Ruger lower (no more buying a stock, then gutting it). Now you can buy a full lower and then just pick an upper almost like an AR. I paired my Kraken with a Maddmacs 16.5" barrel. Its a show stopper...

Any others? When I get my stuff wired tight, I'm going to start vids again on rumble and these pistols will be featured. Here are some of my joker pistols if you get bored:
https://brassbucket.net/2022/03/06/22-joker-pistols/
75B-ZomBullShadow SAO Build (current fav)
SP-01-SAO-compedOpenMajor w/DOT
97B stock for now
SAR copies
..others..

Offline david s

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:24:08 PM »
An acquaintance has a blued Ruger MKII 5 1/2-inch bull barrel that the end of the barrel has been threaded and the front sight moved back and remounted so he can mount his silencer. Not quite as integral as Classic12's though. With sub sonic ammo it sounds like a quiet pellet gun, the loudest noise being the action cycling. I forget where but I've seen a photo of a suppressed MKII that looks pretty much like a factory MKII 10-inch barreled pistol. The silencer basically being in the factory barrels profile. And a photo of a couple my "Piece of crap" MKII's. They also have Volquartson triggers, but the earlier paddle style triggers.                                             

anything