Author Topic: CZ527 RIP  (Read 4288 times)

Offline asteirman

CZ527 RIP
« on: June 22, 2022, 11:31:07 PM »
Anyone else upset about the end of the 527? I ordered a 527 Carbine in .223 and my lgs told me 30 days... That was March 2021. I started to look for mags. I checked in once a month till they tell me it’s discontinued. Dec 2021. In the mean time I hunted down two mags in anticipation of my carbine. By the time I got the word about the carbine I couldn’t return the mags. Arghhh.

Just venting.
“Skill On Demand”

Offline crosstimbers

Re: CZ527 RIP
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 09:00:15 AM »
Yes. Some of us are most certainly upset about this turn of events, and there are some discussions on here concerning it. Bottom line, CZ has ticked some of us off beyond redemption and no we don't care to hear the alleged virtues of the 600 series praised.

But above all else don't give up, you can still find 527s used. Check gun shows, take plenty of $ as everything has skyrocketed in price.
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline david s

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 05:48:13 PM »
Crosstimbers has it right. The 527's will be much lamented. Keep an eye out on the used market and realistically be a bit patient. There is a used CZ 527 Carbine on GUNSINTERNATIONAL for $1450 with a middle of the road Weaver scope. Price on these guns have more than doubled (about 250% actually) in the last 2-3 years. This is pretty much the case with anything guns or ammo related. Hopefully all the Covid and election silliness will end shortly, and prices should drop some. If you find one you won't regret picking it up and you'll appreciate having a couple of spare magazines on hand. I doubt CZ will end production of the 527 magazines right away, there are just too many 527's already out there. But the rifles are discontinued, and production of the magazines will follow eventually.

Offline timetofly

Moving on
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 04:22:27 PM »
As I’ve mentioned earlier, I’m not interested in purchasing CZ firearms in the future.  At present 80% of my CZfirearms are discontinued.  Some within a year of purchasing them.  In my mind I’m stuck with many firearms where the availability of parts is in serious doubt.  When I first started down the CZ path the future looked bright, the selection of rifle calibers was excellent.  Now they only have the belly button calibers 223, 308, 30-06, 6.5 Creedmore.  Not much of a selection compared to the past.  I’m not offloading my CZ firearms, merely not buying anything new from CZ.  SO in conclusion, bye bye CZ hello SIG, SPRINGFIELD, FN, S&W and others.
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

Offline retteryer

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 12:11:56 AM »
80% discontinued doesn’t tell much , as well as part unavailability,can you be more specific, what parts can’t you get your hands on ? You may have 5 CZ’s, with three out of five discontinued. Sh...t happens ,COVID, economy is not in a best shape here and there, people spend more at the gas stations and grocery stores and I’m sure CZUB doing their best..All I can say is ,don’t play lottery, you won’t get much out of it.Nothing is wrong in going with other manufacturers, competition and free market are two very good things, just don’t cry us a river here, look at the other European manufacturers parts and guns availability.,they all dried up.
CZ SP-01 9mm,CZ SP-01 Shadow,CZ75B Compact,CZ75B Cold War Memo Commemorative,CZ75B SA,DW VBob,Kadet Kit,CZ75B Brushed Stainless,CZ75B Polished Stainless.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 12:19:16 PM »
Oh dear! No parts for my 1998 450FS whatever will I do??? Wait it’s never broken and I’ve never needed a part in — doing math. — wow that’s a long time. So anyway…
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 11:19:12 AM »
Oh dear! No parts for my 1998 450FS whatever will I do??? Wait it’s never broken and I’ve never needed a part in — doing math. — wow that’s a long time. So anyway…

I think parts availability is a valid concern. Thats the one thing about CZ rifles that has troubled me a bit, for instance I haven't been able to find sight base screws for a 550 that I bought at a show where someone had removed the rear sight. I have seen them online in complete rear sight units- but very $$$.

Point being that some parts havent been easy to find even while rifles are in production, out of production I cant help but imagine it might be even worse. So, yeah, Ive never had an issue with my CZ rifles either. But you still might want to pick up a part or two for various reasons.

Offline david s

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2022, 02:14:18 PM »
I haven't broken any CZ parts in use but have by being stupid, so parts availability is a concern to me. Some parts CZ has offered in Europe and Australia but not in the states. I'm thinking 527 magazine springs. I doubt the well of spare parts will dry up instantly, but they will in the future. The 527's have been sold around the world and surplus and aftermarket parts will be available/made if demand is actually there. Most firearms rarely break. If you have a CZ 75B/85B you probably know to keep a spare slide release and firing pin retainer on hand. Both these parts are known to break so there's an aftermarket replacement for these. Same will happen when the parts for the 527 become hard to find. If there is a market it'll be filled.

Offline Bret

Re: Moving on
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 10:30:20 AM »
I'm glad I bought my 7.62x39 527 back when I did.  I never anticipated them stopping production of them though.  I fondled it last night.  It's an awesome rifle.

SO in conclusion, bye bye CZ hello SIG
You might want to double check Sig.  If there was ever a company that has rolling design changes, drops product lines and has unavailability of spare parts, it's Sig.

Offline whitearrow

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2022, 10:34:11 PM »
None of my 527’s are for sale along with my 452’s or 550’s....JS
BigEd

Offline alp3367

Re: Moving on
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2022, 09:50:31 AM »
I'm glad I bought my 7.62x39 527 back when I did.  I never anticipated them stopping production of them though.  I fondled it last night.  It's an awesome rifle.

SO in conclusion, bye bye CZ hello SIG
You might want to double check Sig.  If there was ever a company that has rolling design changes, drops product lines and has unavailability of spare parts, it's Sig.

Haha, indeed. SIG is probably about the worst for that out of the major tier 1 manufacturers.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2022, 10:04:02 PM »
SIG is pretty horrible about doing that. CZ did discontinue a bunch of stuff, and the 527 hurts...I was hoping to replace my 527M that was lost in the split...but oh well. I hold out hope that good things are coming!

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2022, 02:57:19 PM »
SIG is pretty horrible about doing that. CZ did discontinue a bunch of stuff, and the 527 hurts...I was hoping to replace my 527M that was lost in the split...but oh well. I hold out hope that good things are coming!

I wish I could share your optimism. But just as Sig isn't what they once were (by most opinions) I fear that CZ is headed the same way, at least as far as centerfire bolt guns go.