Author Topic: Timmy the Tanfoglio: Building Amos Burton’s 10mm Semi-auto from The Expanse  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Will do going forward, my apologies! I’m on my phone so it’s difficult to tell what the proper size should be when uploading
Most screens will fully view up to ~600 pixels without having to scroll L/R. Thanks.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline flareside_ford

Is there a way to fill in the empty notches where the sights were removed?  I know it's a nitpick but tbh I think it would complete the look.  But overall this is a sick build  8)

Edit - The front I think looks just fine.  On the rear if you could buy a cheap rear sight then machine it down it would fill the gap.  Then you could color match with a heat resistant paint.  Or a slide racker would look cool too.
https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Gun-Parts/Pistols-Other/Tanfoglio/Miscellaneous-Small-Parts/TONI-SYSTEM-Charging-handle-Slide-Racker-for-Tanfoglio

I've been hoping slide racker. Even if he had it on the left side so it doesn't poke him in a concealment holster I think it would still be a functional addition.

Offline rudukai13

Is there a way to fill in the empty notches where the sights were removed?  I know it's a nitpick but tbh I think it would complete the look.  But overall this is a sick build  8)

Edit - The front I think looks just fine.  On the rear if you could buy a cheap rear sight then machine it down it would fill the gap.  Then you could color match with a heat resistant paint.  Or a slide racker would look cool too.
https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Gun-Parts/Pistols-Other/Tanfoglio/Miscellaneous-Small-Parts/TONI-SYSTEM-Charging-handle-Slide-Racker-for-Tanfoglio

I've been hoping slide racker. Even if he had it on the left side so it doesn't poke him in a concealment holster I think it would still be a functional addition.

I may add something eventually, right now I like having the rearmost ledge machined in the slide for catching on things for one-handed manipulations if needed. I may add a slide racker and cut the handle off just to fill the dovetail. That’ll be in the future though

Offline rudukai13

Alright, ordered up some more Sig 180gr FMJ/JHP, and went ahead and ordered some Patriot Defense aluminum grips with a little more aggressive texture. Not their most aggressive pattern, but should still help make the gun a little stickier:

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-doka6btgom/images/stencil/1280x1280/products/948/2117/patriot-defense-tanfoglio-custom-grip-red__39536.1589734371__17748.1653327959.jpg

So we’ve got symmetrical ambi safety in transit, ammo and grips ordered. All should be here by this weekend, when I’ll probably take the gun back to my gunsmith to swap the safety, zero the gun at 25yds with the Sig JHP ammo, and I’ll probably have the ‘smith trim the slide lock lever off of the retaining pin. Unless and until someone comes up with an ambi slide stop lever for the gun, I don’t have any use for the single-sided slide stop, so might as well get it off there

ETA not sure how to make that image smaller, it’s a link to a web image…

[Mods: Then simply post the link and NOT the image.]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 07:30:32 PM by Wobbly, Reason: Deleted image »

Offline rudukai13

https://content.invisioncic.com/r270761/monthly_2022_10/5E0901FE-5CD5-4E09-9044-15DF9C9B88C2.jpeg.9ac1b85a2581d5d174a88593d2e19ffe.jpeg

Well the ambi safety is a bit late getting here, issue seems to be with FedEx though not Patriot Defense. Not that important though, it won’t be going on the gun until at least this weekend anyway when I can get it all to my gunsmith. Currently on ready standby
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 07:46:32 AM by Wobbly »

Offline rudukai13

:o How can I change the size of an image to acquiesce to the request of the Admin…?

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
:o How can I change the size of an image to acquiesce to the request of the Admin…?

Don't know, as I'm not familiar with your Image Host.

However, I'm not having ANY issues with the size of your Photos. I like your Pics the way they are.
But then again, I'm looking at them on a 27 inch PC Monitor and a PC with HDMI video.
Could be a problem for People with Smartphones and Tablets, but I don't know about that for sure.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline rudukai13

Don't know, as I'm not familiar with your Image Host.

However, I'm not having ANY issues with the size of your Photos. I like your Pics the way they are.
But then again, I'm looking at them on a 27 inch PC Monitor and a PC with HDMI video.
Could be a problem for People with Smartphones and Tablets, but I don't know about that for sure.

The image host is another forum. I scale them all down when I upload them there initially already

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator

The image host is another forum. I scale them all down when I upload them there initially already

YOU must host your own photos. We suggest IMGUR.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:49:40 AM by Wobbly »

Offline rudukai13

YOU must host your own photos. We suggest IMGUR.

Oh well that’s not gonna happen. I’ll just leave images as URL links then, apologies for the frustrations!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:43:37 AM by Wobbly »

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
Excuse me.

These are being presented as photos of YOUR guns and YOUR gunsmithing work. How is it that (presumably) your photos of YOUR handiwork is not being controlled by YOU ??

I find that very hard to believe. Sir, you have some explaining to do.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 09:48:10 AM by Wobbly »

Offline rudukai13

Excuse me.

These are being presented as photos of YOUR guns and YOUR gunsmithing work. How is it that (presumably) your photos of YOUR handiwork is not being controlled by YOU ??

I find that very hard to believe.

Wut?  ???

These are my guns. I have a gunsmith that does the complicated work on them for me. The photos are taken by me and “under my control”.

What I’m not doing is creating a profile on a social media website just to then be able to post them on this forum at a different size. Out of all the forums I use and have posted this project to - including AR15.com, Brian Enos forums, and Primary & Secondary - this is the only one that doesn’t allow me to directly upload photos without hosting them somewhere else first

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
This is what we don't understand: You can spend 100's hours modifying multiple guns, but not 15 minutes on hosting your photos. This seems very strange. This brings into question the legitimacy of this entire thread.

Sir, the answer is simple: Our sandbox, our rules. This website is simply more rigorously moderated than your typical fan-boy gun site.

End of discussion.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2022, 11:10:01 AM by Wobbly »

Offline Davehb

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rudukai13

This is what we don't understand: You can spend 100's hours modifying multiple guns, but not 15 minutes on hosting your photos. This seems very strange. This brings into question the legitimacy of this entire thread.

Sir, the answer is simple: Our sandbox, our rules. This website is simply more rigorously moderated than your typical fan-boy gun site.

End of discussion.

- Deleting a post asking why you’re treating a new member with open hostility isn’t a good look.

- “We” don’t seem to have any issue with anything I’ve done, including your other moderators: you do.

- I will be happy to post a picture proving ownership of the pistol in question later today. I would’ve already done so, but like most productive members of society I work for a living during the day and don’t currently have the gun with me at the office.

- It’s not about the time. It’s about refusing to contribute to yet another big-tech supported social media platform.

anything