Author Topic: Kadet II LGS find  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Pmull153

Kadet II LGS find
« on: January 17, 2023, 06:01:21 AM »
Went into a small mom and pop, stuff stacked everywhere, LGS recently.  Walked out with a NIB Kadet II kit. I thought someone was playing a joke on me when I saw the sealed box in a pile of stuff behind the counter. I couldn’t get my hands on my wallet fast enough and scurried home with my bounty.

Any suggestions to optimize this kit or just throw it on and enjoy the heck out of it?

Offline steel

Re: Kadet II LGS find
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 06:49:41 AM »
Good for you.  Fit the tabs carefully and don’t take off too much metal.  I use my kit on my Compact, Compact L, 75B, and 75B Shadows.  It works best on my guns which have the full power mainsprings.  I have settled on keeping my Kadet II on my 75B because it has the full power mainspring.  Also, my Kadet II works best with CCI ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Redhemi

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2023, 11:35:15 AM »
Good score. I say go back to that shop and see if they have any extra mags for it. Get any extra springs and parts you can find. They are getting harder to find. Lastly shoot, enjoy, repeat.

Offline GBUS

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 10:58:37 AM »
That’s awesome, congratulations on a nice score!!

Offline kabong57

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 12:44:01 AM »
Did you ask if there where any more ?

Offline Pmull153

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 06:12:20 AM »
Good for you.  Fit the tabs carefully and don’t take off too much metal.  I use my kit on my Compact, Compact L, 75B, and 75B Shadows.  It works best on my guns which have the full power mainsprings.  I have settled on keeping my Kadet II on my 75B because it has the full power mainspring.  Also, my Kadet II works best with CCI ammo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking of doing a dedicated frame. I saw some on CZC I was considering.

Offline Pmull153

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 06:14:27 AM »
Did you ask if there where any more ?

It was strange. They had 7. I only needed one though.

Kidding…. Yes. I asked. Only had P-09 kit left.

Offline schutz85C

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2023, 01:01:43 AM »
Get the 75b SA frame from cz custom. They are in stock.
No mods to the kit.
But do buy spare parts while in stock!
Cz custom and czusa are on and off in supply.
Just in case for the long haul!
CZ 85 Combat, NRA Lifer.

Offline southpaw.parallaxscurioa...

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 09:06:42 PM »
20lb stock mainspring, host frame is a good idea.  I recently confirmed mine will run on a shadow 2 with 20lb spring (no lock back... wish I had the special kadet pcr slide stop).. .stock shadow 2 spring too light... doesnt really hurt the sa pull.

1000rds break in (now that mine is deep into the 5 figures, its very slick and smooth... mine is 15 years old and enough rounds to crack 2 trigger return springs in the hosts shooting it)

add a red dot using an eemann tech shadow plate

buy spare parts, check czusa, czc, cgw, numrich, even random european online stores.  cz rep told me thers no more new spares coming in.  I got lucky and have at least 1 of everything to keep it running, cause its my main 22 pistol.  Ive broken an ejector and nearly lost a FP plate.  also on its second recoil spring

anything