Author Topic: P-07 or P-10 S for CCW?  (Read 1742 times)

Offline wb3jma

P-07 or P-10 S for CCW?
« on: January 30, 2023, 12:24:09 PM »
Let me hear the complaints or praises for either. I have never owned a striker fired pistol and was not terribly happy with Glocks when they came out.

Offline Togmaster

Re: P-07 or P-10 S for CCW?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 01:29:02 PM »
Just to be clear the P-07 is not striker fired.  Did you intend to say P-10c?
Let's go Brandon!

Offline radagast

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 01:30:21 PM »
Wife and I love our P07s !
     We went to the range while her brother was visiting, and thought it funny when he shook our pistols once they were cleared ! Guess he missed the rattle effect LOL !  He was visibly impressed, but still insists nothing compares to a Glock. Over 5K rounds through mine, 3K through hers, and they're great pistols. Hers was magnificent out of box, but mine was pretty rough. Hard break-in and thorough polishing made mine a fine shooter.
     Although I like Sigs and HKs and love the P01, nothing points as naturally for me as a P07 !
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 02:39:29 PM »
I've gotten to shoot most of what's out there in striker fired land at this point and even owned a couple BRIEFLY. Hammer fired only for me so I'd have no problem carrying my P-07.

Offline alp3367

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 03:25:04 PM »
 It just comes down to whether you want DA/SA or striker fired. I moved from DA/SA to striker fired years ago for stuff I carry so I'd go P-10 (I carry a P-10C). They're both great guns.

Offline wb3jma

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 04:51:41 PM »
It just comes down to whether you want DA/SA or striker fired. I moved from DA/SA to striker fired years ago for stuff I carry so I'd go P-10 (I carry a P-10C). They're both great guns.

I didn't like Glocks when they came out but I understand from reviews on the P10 that it has a great trigger for a striker fired guns.  Any other things you had to adjust to when you made the change?

Offline alp3367

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 05:09:08 PM »

I didn't like Glocks when they came out but I understand from reviews on the P10 that it has a great trigger for a striker fired guns.  Any other things you had to adjust to when you made the change?

Just training. Used to incorporate DA to SA transition and no longer needed to :)

Admittedly I thought Glock triggers were fine and carried those for many years. I would say once they break in a bit P10 triggers are nicer than Glock triggers. But I wouldn't say it's night and day or any huge difference.

Offline Makaroviii

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 05:43:55 PM »
Just training. Used to incorporate DA to SA transition and no longer needed to :)

Admittedly I thought Glock triggers were fine and carried those for many years. I would say once they break in a bit P10 triggers are nicer than Glock triggers. But I wouldn't say it's night and day or any huge difference.

I'm of the same opinion. I've had a G17.2 for years but carried a CZ 75B, CZ P-07, Walther PPS M1, G19.5, G48 and about to start carrying the P-10C. I didn't like my DA first shot accuracy on the P-07 so switched to striker fired pistols. Don't think I'll look back either.
Potestas Democraticorum delenda est!
NRA Endowment Member

The three most important components of stopping power are bullet placement, bullet placement and bullet placement. - Evan Marshall

Offline wb3jma

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 07:36:46 PM »
So I got my answer I got shot a P-10C rental a gun rang tonight after I got off work. As nice as the trigger was it didn't do me much good I shot this the worst of 3 compacts.  The sights stink and the hard plastic stripling of the front and back straps are  were horribly uncomfortable and despite the high and deep beaver tail, I had difficulty getting a good and comfortable grip.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2023, 05:09:46 AM »
Sights are a personal preference option so I always figure on those being one of the first things to go. What have you handled so far that you like the best?

Offline Phyffe

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 08:21:38 AM »
I was in your exact position almost 2 years ago.

I wound up getting the P10-S primarily because it was easier to conceal and I still had 12 rounds, plus the reviews I read in the magazines gave it glowing reviews for accuracy (which the P07 already had) and a good trigger (which kinda sorta compensated for the P-07s DA trigger).

A couple of years in and to make a long story short, concealed carry laws in my country essentially make more sense to carry larger weapons, weight being pretty much the only drawback for carrying bigger pistols.

As such, I am thinking of trading up to a P-07. Now if only they made an OR model.
CZ SP-01 Shadow
CZ P10-S
CZ 75B
CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Carbine
Mossberg Model 500 Bullpup

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 08:53:59 AM »
If you don't mind the chopped grip I suppose the P10S is fine - but why suffer the chopped grip? 

As has been pointed out, they are vastly different firearms.

If you want 12 rounds and SF, get something slimmer - Shield Plus or SIG p365X or XL. 

The P07 is concealable and an excellent SA/SA gun. 

Getting all your fingers on the grip is a huge benefit.  The chopped grip thing only became popular because of the Clinton mag ban.  IMHO. 

Offline eastman

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2023, 07:58:43 PM »
I prefer Hammer over striker. My two most common carry pistols over the last 2 years have been the P-07 and the Phantom.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline wb3jma

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2023, 08:51:43 PM »
If you don't mind the chopped grip I suppose the P10S is fine - but why suffer the chopped grip? 

If you want 12 rounds and SF, get something slimmer - Shield Plus or SIG p365X or XL. 

Getting all your fingers on the grip is a huge benefit.  The chopped grip thing only became popular because of the Clinton mag ban.  IMHO.

Yea that is why you see a lot of grip extenders added to magazines as the norm these days. I just shot 3 micro's and could not hit the broad side of a barn and hated I could not get the grip I wanted. 

Offline wb3jma

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2023, 08:53:34 PM »

Yea that is why you see a lot of grip extenders added to magazines as the norm these days. I just shot 3 micro's and could not hit the broad side of a barn and hated I could not get the grip I wanted.

One this I do like the striker over the hammer if you get one with a manual safety is the ability to carry it chambered and not worry about the stiff DA pull on your first shot.

anything