Author Topic: Ultra lite kit- Sp01 tactical  (Read 1742 times)

Offline crash83

Ultra lite kit- Sp01 tactical
« on: March 13, 2023, 09:53:28 PM »
Installing this kit on my SP01 and couldn't get the new firing pir retaining pin to go in and it ended up splitting.
I've done these before and never had any issues, but I don't want to do it again. While watching the Cajun install video to verify I was doing everything correctly I noticed they used a "Dummy pin" while installing everything.
But no mention of size or part number. Anyone have any idea of what size or where I can grab some?
Don't want to order 10 pins and hope for the best route.
Any ideas?

Offline Tok36

Re: Ultra lite kit- Sp01 tactical
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 04:05:47 AM »
   I do not think that i have seen a salve pin used for installing a Firing Pin Retaining Pin. I have seen one for the Trigger Pin and the Sear Cage/Ejector. As far as i remember a 3mm punch will just make it through the FPRP hole in the slide. This may serve as a reference.

One way to keep the Firing Pin depressed when you are installing a new FPRP is to put the slide on the frame and lower the Hammer onto the Firing Pin. Once you have the Firing Pin rotated so that the gap is indexed correctly, the Hammer will keep the Firing Pin in the right position to avoid the FPRP hitting it as you drive it in.

I have found that using a softer material punch can help avoid damage to the end of the CGW pin as i am installing it. I use a big brass punch most of the way, then finish with a smaller steel punch when i get real close to the slide. I have had the best results with a steel punch by reducing force with the hammer and increasing tapping. Lots of tapping.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline crash83

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 02:10:57 PM »
This is one video showing it. But I will try it the way you laid out and see if it is a little easier.
thanks.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 03:20:41 PM »
Thank you for the video link. I had not considered using a brass hammer directly rather than a brass punch. Nor had i seen the leather shield used. I don't think that i have nicked a slide before but you can never be too safe.

Let us know how it goes, we all learn from this stuff.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 11:41:19 PM »
You need a roll pin punch and a roll pin starter punch.

The hammer trick will hold the firing pin depressed as mentioned by Tok.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my motorola edge (2022) using Tapatalk

This forum rocks!

Offline Sulpgnir

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 01:51:16 AM »
Installing this kit on my SP01 and couldn't get the new firing pir retaining pin to go in and it ended up splitting.
I've done these before and never had any issues, but I don't want to do it again. While watching the Cajun install video to verify I was doing everything correctly I noticed they used a "Dummy pin" while installing everything.
But no mention of size or part number. Anyone have any idea of what size or where I can grab some?
Don't want to order 10 pins and hope for the best route.
Any ideas?

The "Dummy pin" slave pin is about 3mm by 25mm.  It is a loose fit, but is retained by the firing pin.  I've used it a couple of times.
I have some 3mm steel rods and just cut them to fit.  You can also make a sear cage slave pin from the 3mm steel rod.

Or you can buy from eBay or Amazon.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 10:25:32 AM »
I used to try to hold the roll pins (any roll pin going into a gun) with a pair of needlenosed pliers till I got it started.

Then I got an AR15 kit that had a roll pin starter punch and never looked back.  The needlenosed pliers stay in the tool box when installing roll pins now.

I used to use regular punches for everything.  Till I ran across a set of roll piin punches with that little button on the end that fits the hole in the center of the roll pin and helps keep the punch centered and helps hold it on the end of the roll pin.  I even bought a set of roll pin starter punches to "save" me from bending the smaller pin diameter punches.

I used to use a small hammer to hit those punches.  Sometimes it would skip off/miss the punch enough to smack a finger and I got tired of getting smacked fingers so I bought (what I've been told is an auto body repair hammer) a hammer with very large striking surfaces on both ends of the head that still isn't very heavy.  No more sore fingers and no hitting of the frame/slide either.  The striking surfaces on the hammer are many times larger than the back end of a punch.

Not real heavy but it works.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Behindblueeyes

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 08:49:47 PM »
In the video I watched, he said he used a spare sear pin. That is what I used just like the video. But this is the 75 decocker video. Same principle.

anything